Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: Knitting

Amazing work, @Oaktree! Congratulations!

@BlueBay best of luck with your granddaughters’ beanies! What colours are you going to use?

Hi @Oaktree @Gwynn @BlueBay @Eve7 @outlander @Former-Member @Daisydreamer and all knitters here. Just checking in again to see what's going on. A lot it seems!

@Oaktree Well done on your beanie! I'm so proud of you! Talk about an expert beanie maker! Are you going to knit some more? Believe me when I say that they are addictive once you get started which is why I like knitting them!

Below is my latest beanie finish. This time, the pink/grey section is yarn from Kmart. I hope you like it! I've also just started another one which I'll knit in different shades of green plain yarn, again for charity.

B7E06780-EE0A-464F-9971-B565B14C6C60.jpeg

Keep up the great work everyone!

Judi9877

Hi @BlueBay
Well done on deciding to knit beanies for your granddaughters! I’m so proud of you! I’d like to see the colours you choose to knit them in if you’d like to share that is.
Keep up the great work!

Judi9877

Hi @Judi9877 

Your pink beanie looks so pretty!!!

Yes I am starting a new beanie this time for my daughter, she has picked and arranged the colours so I guess we will have to wait and see what it looks like. I have only managed to cast on so far.

Meggle

I’m about to do some afternoon knitting in my warm hotel room @Judi9877 but I’ve only brought a scarf away with me so nothing as fancy as all these lovely beanies I’ve been seeing. 

I stuffed it up!!  @Judi9877  it didn't work, it's too small.  I started with 72 st but it was decreasing too quickly; i think that was for more a baby or toddler.

Do you, or anyone else, have a pattern for a basic beanie for a 2,3,4 yr olds.  I will now have to pull it apart 😞

Oh @BlueBay 

I am so sorry it isn't working out so well. Don't give up. Have you tried googling for a pattern?

Meggle

I did but can't find one @Oaktree 
im feeling deflated already and now this is msking me feel even more crap 

i will look tomorrow. 

Thanks for pattern but that's the pattern I did @Oaktree 

I'm not sure. I'm using 8ply. I think I need to add extra stitches.  Could it be the 8 ply wool? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance