Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Knitting

@Gwynn 

Wow your knitting looks great - well done. You sure have made quite a few scarves. I would say your brother would be loving his beanie right about now. You should make a beanie for yourself to match your scarf.

Meggle

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

It's a nice pattern - for me it's interesting enough to be *interesting* but not too difficult. I may yet make myself a beanie - although I'm not sure what pattern to use with 14 ply.

https://annafisk.com/category/craft-scholarship/ - people might like to read these two articles about knitting - one on mindfulness and knitting and one on our connections with mothers and grandmothers through crafting.

Thanks for sharing this @Gwynn 

@Gwynn @Judi9877 

Had a disaster with my knitting tonight. Was doing the third row of the crown and had changed back to purple on 1st row of crown. Well if I didn't start knitting with the tail! I had done about 20 stitches when I realised and had to try and take it out stitch by stitch. Along the way I thought I had dropped a stitch so researched how to pick it up only to find I had one too many stitches. So then I had to knit 2 together in the spot where I had picked up the extra stitch. I seem to have gotten away with it though and have the right number of stitches on my needle now. It will just be unique and one of a kind I guess.

Meggle

Thanks @outlander
You’re very creative in your own way too!
Judi9877

Hi @Gwynn 

Great to see you have started the Stallion Patchwork Blanket! I'm so proud of you! Are you enjoying it? Maybe I should start doing a new section to my blanket so we can have a knit-a-long (kal) going? I know that would really help me with my motivation to complete it! What do you think? Also, feel free to join along in this any other knitting forumites! 

I love your scarf. It's going along very nicely! Keep at it! 

Judi9877😎🧶

Hi @Oaktree
What a great knitting learning experience you had! I’m so glad it worked out well for you! Well done on continuing with the beanie despite the setback! As for if the mistake is noticeable, call it a special part of the pattern that you added to make the beanie unique and special!

Judi9877
Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Hey @Judi9877 , I'm finding it a bit challenging - not only am I knitting with small needles and yarn when I am used to chunky stuff, the counting and keeping place is getting on top of me a bit too. I'm still finding I can't have the TV going when knitting this as it is too hard to concentrate. I've also noticed I tend to STOP when I finish a repeat rather than KEEP GOING like I can with my scarf... at this rate I'll never finish even a square of this blanket!!!

OK, pity party for one over. Have you had a read of the Craft Scholarship posts I linked to before? I thought of you and your mum when I read the one about crafting through the generations.

@Gwynn @Judi9877 @Eve7 

I finished my beanie today!image.jpg

hi @Judi9877 and others 

I've decided to knit a beanie for my 3 yr old granddaughter. Once that's done I have two more to knit for my step granddaughter's who are 4 and 2. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance