Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

cait
Casual Contributor

HBF Run for a Reason

Hey everyone, I'm participating in the Perth HBF Run for a Reason for a second time, and this year I'm fundraising for Beyondblue!
This is something close to all of our hearts, and they provide such excellent services - I want to help in anyway I can to support them. I took part in a group conference call the other day to brainstorm services for suicide prevention, and I'm hoping the money raised will go towards starting up some of these services!

So I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to donate any spare change to the cause?

Thanks in advance 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Re: HBF Run for a Reason

Hi @cait ,

Welcome to the Forums. 

I just want to flag upfront that this is an anonymous forum, so while you haven't shared any of your details, I wanted to let you know in case you wanted people to dontate directly to you on your fun run.

You mentioned you had a brainstorming session on suicide prevention services - there are so many! Some include:

- Aftercare

- BlackDog Institute

- Mental Illness Fellowship

- Suicide Call Back Service

- Lifeline

- OzHelp

- RUOK? Day

- PANDA

- Eating Disorders Victoria

- Neami

...and of course SANE Australia 

That's just to name a few. There's a fair few out there who work within suicide prevention - but have a variety of different services to help achieve that.

Good luck on your run and we hope you raise a lot of money!

Nik

hey @NikNik, I didn't post my details as I thought that might be the case! I wanted to see if anyone would be happy to donate first and then check if it were okay to post the link to the fundraiser page?

It's an everydayhero fundraiser page so I think the only personal information on there is my name and my reason for picking beyondblue.

I'm definitely working on the suicide prevention! the conference call was with beyondblue bluevoices coordinator and manager and a couple of other bluevoices members, hopefully it'll have an impact.

Thanks for responding so quickly @cait !

As you mentioned, the everyday hero page mentions your name. This will make you identifiable - so unfortunately you won't be able to post it.

Beyondblue also has an online forum - perhaps you could check in there to see if they would be comfortable with you sharing your page there (maybe you already have 🙂 )

All the best with it!
Nik
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance