Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Thanks. I am actually out now but these were great tips. A co-ed mental health ward is a tough environment. A lot going on.

hello, I am new to the forums i am very happy that I came across this amazing support service. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for. I have been in the mental health system since a teen it’s been an amazing journey. I’ve done a lot of therapy and still doing therapy. I’m currently doing internal family systems and Emdr and I’ve also finished the wise choice programs (acceptance, and commitment therapy) and that was great I’m from Melbourne. I’m a sole parent and my positive outlet is creating. I love to paint it takes me to that peaceful happy place.

I’m looking forward to this next chapter xoxo 

Hi thank your for reaching out.

I think im in a trobled place and not sure how to get out.

I think my marriage is failing, i am suffering from anxiety and would like to talk to someone.

I had a drink thinking everything would be fine and got alittle to drunk (which doesn't happen alot) and everything come out. But being on holidays and surrounded by friends was not the outcome i had planned. Im trying to be strong for my children and i feel like i have a really big weight on my shoulders. I know i need to speak with someone but in away i needed to vent

Hi all, i dont know how to express myself at all. I think i have anxiety.

I find it really hard to speak with people because because i feel inferior and dont have the confidence to be heard.

I think my marriage of 13yrs is failing. I have kids that mean the world to me. It is affecting everything around me.

My job sucks, but i feel like i have to be there to pay my house of as if i fund something else it would not be set around my family.

I have tried talking to my wife and my feelings but i feel like i am a burden always with showing how i feel. 

Im always angry/ frustrated and take it out by yelling at easy targets i.e: family

I feel really down and not sure what the next step is. I know i have to talk to someone to understand whats going on with me

Hi @Hammerbugg 

@Hammerbugg wrote:

I feel really down and not sure what the next step is. I know i have to talk to someone to understand whats going on with me

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist? I find my psychologist is great to talk through things with. 

If not, then the first step is to visit your GP and ask for a Mental Health Care Plan. This will entitle you to 10 (20 during Covid) subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year. The only thing is that psychologists are so overwhelmed with demand at the moment that it could take 6 months to get in to see one. But it's a good idea to get on the waiting list now. 

You can help this process by googling then ringing round psychologists in your area to ask: are they taking new patients at the moment, what is the wait time for a new patient to start, what are the costs, etc. Then you can take a name to your GP for the Mental Health Care Plan referral. (GPs might not know which psychologists are taking new patients and which have stopped as they are full.)

Good luck...

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply. 

Hi @NatureLover, as yet i dont have a professional person to speakto as of yet.

I am on holidays atm and anxiety has hit me like a truck, im not sure how to feel while here.

I have spoken to someone and being because the person is close i may have made things worse. I didnt really express myself to the person due of the repercussion of how other parties may feel.

When of holidays i will definately be speaking with someone as feeling like this is shit

OK, good luck, @Hammerbugg ...

Hope you can get through the holiday OK.

Hi there, I’m @Chloe and I decided to join this forum to speak to people who understand the struggles.
I have been suffering GAD and depression for about 7 or 8 years now and both have been well controlled until quite recently with the last month being particularly hard.

hey @Chloe3, welcome to the forums ❀️ It's nice to e-meet you!

Thank you for sharing how you've been feeling lately. I've had experiences of anxiety for a long time too, and I know there can be ups and downs with it ❀️ 

What are some of the ways you've been "controlling" the feelings? Has something happened to make your anxiety harder to manage?

❀️ 

At the moment it has been going back to work. I didn’t cope with it, I felt unsupported, I didn’t feel ready to be there. And I’m now so freaked out about going back . I wanna go back just a couple days but I’m scared to ask
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance