Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Aone
Casual Contributor

Is it schizophrenia or real

About 10 years ago someone claiming to be God chatted to me on the phone. I've seen the moon spin on its axis and follow me. I've seen UFO'S. I see stars move. And I had a lot of other experiences. Drs say I have schizophrenia but I'm not convinced. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Is it schizophrenia or real

Hi @Aone ,

Welcome to the forums 😊

It sounds like the doctor's diagnosis has raised a lot of questions for you. How has that news made you feel?

If you want to know more about schizophrenia and what it may look like, it might be worth looking at this fact sheet and guide by SANE: https://www.sane.org/information-stories/facts-and-guides/schizophrenia. Of course it looks different for everyone and seeking support from a psychiatrist might be the best way to find out more about what you're experiencing.

Otherwise there are people in our community living with schizophrenia that may be able to share some of their experiences. I hope you find a supportive community here!

cloudcore

@Aone  I have bipolar I and schizoaffective disorder. All I can say is trust your doctors and take your medications. Stay strong. greenpea

Without wanting to gang up on you @Aone  , I would repeat what @greenpea  says word for word (well, in my case I'm not sure if my diagnosis of bipolar was cancelled out by the subsequent diagnosis of schizoaffective)

What have the doctor/s that diagnosed you suggested as treatment?

@StuF  hey StuF we have alot in common.  My first diagnosis was bipolar I then schizoaffective disorder then Inoticed my cardiologist and gp both said I had schizophrenia so who knows ......

The way I figure it @greenpea , is that the 'label' is not that important, as long as it can be treated properly 🙂

For me, I've been in a much better place than before. Certainly not fantastic at times, and there's many factors, but still

@StuF  me too. I used to care about labels now not so much. I take my meds cauz my chuldren want me to ...... if only pre-pea could come back........ before I lost my mind.

Indeed @greenpea 

Hugs

Well I have been told I am Schitzoactive and I have schizophrenia but I find it hard to believe. I've been on about 6 different antipsychotics and 6 antidepressants I don't really know why. It's not making me feel different. I still believe someone claiming to be God chatted to me and everything I seen is true. Also at the moment my phone verbally talks to me and I'm not talking about one of its features. 

Thanks for the welcome. We'll in my case I don't feel the doctors have it right this time. I don't think I have schizophrenia and I think I am wrongly medicated but I can't prove it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance