Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Tigereye80
Contributor

Finally Answers..

Finally.. i now understand more as to why i have suffered badly lately with Irritation, anger irritability and all that come with it.. My psychiatrist has diagnosed me with Bi Polar disorder and i am medicated now and have really never felt better, which makes me think i may have had this for quite some time.. but i am happy to feel very good and also i have just landed a new job so I'm very excited at the prospect of starting my job and being able to stay in it, as before I've always found it hard to hold down a job due to my mental health, i know I'm going to have my bad days but I'm feeling good at the moment and confident about where I'm heading in life, thanks for your ongoing support and encouragement, if anyone has any advice etc on how to deal with the high and lows of Bi Polar i would really like to hear them.. have a great day guys 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Finally Answers..

Hello and welcome everyone @Tigereye80 

You are not alone my friend,  my husband was actually relieved when diagnosed with bipolar 2 

Still have our and downs 

One thread is called Let`s talk about Bipolar is a good one to click onto

@Dimity , @Olga , @greenpea , @frog , @eth , @HenryX 

@Tigereye80 thank you for taking the time to share your good news story here with us. Sometimes it can be hard to see through the fog and to imagine a brighter day, so it's lovely of you to share the good times with us.

@M_7, what @Tigereye80 has expressed here might be of some comfort. We may differ in our diagnoses, but we have a shared human experience with our mental health.

Stories like this one shine a little bit of hope when the batteries in your own torch are low, so to speak 🌞

@Tigereye80  Thanks for sharing your story, I’ve just started medication for anxiety and its encouraging to hear from someone that taking the right steps will work eventually. Glad to hear that it’s working out for you!

@Rhye thank you! 🙂

@M_7 my absolute pleasure 😊The positive stories are out there, you just have to know where to look for them 😉

Here's another thread you might get a few little takeaway gems from.

Wow @Tigereye80 !

Sounds like a relief to have some answers! I'm so happy for you. Seems like it's about finding a balance now. Sometimes, meds need to be juggled according to changes, but I'm sure you'll manage.

So great to hear of your triumphs! Thank you for sharing.

tyme

whereever i go, the devil doth follow.

Congratulations on your new job @Tigereye80 I hope it meets all your expectations.  A new job and medication that suits - well done.

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder 20 years ago and despite some ups and downs managed to work through until retirement. On the forums you'll get to meet many younger people too who are successfully working with MI. 

Here's a tip: if you'd like a message to reach a particular person, prefix their username with @

Eg @Shaz51 

Cheers 

Dimity

@tyme thankyou i am so glad i can share this news with you all 🙂

@Dimity thankyou for the tips i appreciate that x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance