Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

OolBPD
Casual Contributor

BPD Sufferer Needing Help

Hello Everyone.

I am a man in his late 50s and, as a long-term BPD sufferer, have been experiencing extreme heat in my forehead, sometimes to such an extent that it feels as though a hot poker (red hot ember) has been placed in the front of my skull. It is rather debilitating and can even lead to vomiting. Many different strategies have been tried to reverse the over-heating effect, but so far only with limited success.

First of all, I would like to know whether anyone else on this forum experiences these same symptoms? Secondly, I would be incredibly grateful to learn of any treatments that have been successful.

Thank you so much for your kindness in advance,

OolBPD

3 REPLIES 3

Re: BPD Sufferer Needing Help

Hi @OolBPD ,

Welcome to the forums!

I can share your experiences of having BPD, but I can't quite share your experiences of having a hot forehead. I'm curious to know if you are thinking BPD and having a hot forehead are linked?

Conversely, I actually have the opposite issue. I tend to get a very cold forehead to the point where I cannot sleep without my forehead covered - even in summer.

I tend to where a beanie to bed or I have a blanket/pillow over my head. My forehead gets so cold that i end up with a migraine. 

So my way of managing is making sure I have someone covering my head/forehead, esp in the evenings.

I wonder if a cold pack or drinking iced water helps with your forehead?

It sounds like something you should speak to your GP or doc about. Have you spoken to a professional about it?

Yes, I have spoken to a professional about it, several times, but after pouring over CT scans they can't enlighten me as to what is going on. They cannot put their finger on it.

One of the most common experiences of those with BPD, as far as I was aware, was the way in which they can quickly move from a calm state to a literally very hot state, which can be felt most intensely in the forehead. (So your experience, tyme, without wanting to discount it in any way, seems unusual.)

I have recently been working with and corresponding with clients and professionals from BPD Co and they all seem to agree that this over-heating s a common experience. However, none of them seem to experience it as severe as I and the treatments they have suggested trying have not worked, hence the reason I have tried here for an answer.

Thanks for clarifying @OolBPD 

I have BPD, but I don't think my cool forehead links to it. It's just the way I am. 

Does your forehead get hot when you are triggered? Or is it a regular occurrence?

In all my years with BPD, I have never heard that it can make you feel hot. 

I understand that a trigger or some event can cause anger and heat, but I'm not sure if it's a regular occurance.

Very interesting..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance