Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Anxiety depression,@ haystacks

Hi @Msgreeny,
Welcome to the SANE Forums!
It sounds like @haystacks 's post really resonated with you and your experience. Anxiety really can be something that we bring through us in our lives over the years.

You have mentioned anxiety is still a part of your life, and something reflecting back on you hold hope for others that they address early. What does anxiety look like in your life at the moment?

Hi @Daisydreamer 

My anxiety has taken over in the last week as I have stopped working 6 days a week and realise now I have been dealing with the grief off a relationship break up a year ago by working all the time to mask my pain.

I was expecting to have accepted the breakup by now especially since it was my choice.

I have an appointment with my Dr and a psychologist in May.

I sleep a lot so I'm not thinking all the time.

I am making every possible effort to stay positive.

Hi @Msgreeny,

It is good to hear from you again, and I appreciate you letting me know what is going on for you. 

Anxiety after a break up can be really tough can't it? 

One thing that really resonated for me is the self awareness around the role of working a lot to cope with the anxiety in those first 6 months- it's not always easy to look within and think about what we might be doing to mask the feelings we have. Now that you have reduced your working days, how have you been coping with the anxiety as it comes up? 

It sounds like you are taking steps to look after yourself with sleep, trying to stay positive and arranging appointments. As a fellow anxiety survivor, I find managing my anxiety after big life events is still a work in progress, and hearing your self awareness is really inspiring for me Heart 

Any time you want to talk about anxiety or how it shows up in your life, there are so many people here who can relate! And we are always ready to lend an ear, share a virtual cup of tea, and celebrate the steps you take forward alongside you Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance