Skip to main content

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello @CRyan, Welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing! You sound both intelligent, caring, and super resourceful. Thanks for sharing your work and study accomplishments! Parenting and living with BPD must be tough, but you are doing an amazing job! 

The DBT program will be there for you when you are ready; it sounds like you need that inpatient support at the moment. You'll get back to it. I am glad to hear that you have a strong support network around you, and I am sure that will help you on your recovery journey! 

I'm super impressed that you are showing up to the best of your ability for your kids while in inpatient care! You can only do what you can, and you are doing your best, always! 

A big welcome again, and I hope that you can connect with other parents who are also living with BPD here โค๏ธ 

Thanks Peach for the welcome ๐Ÿ˜ I am sure just supporting each other in this community is a good start and mentors and support workers such as yourelves are doing a great job. Credit to you and your motivation to help others manage their challenges

Hey @CRyan Welcome to the forums! Parenting is so tough at the best of times, you're doing an amazing job trying to do as much as you can while you're working through stuff. I feel for you. Try to be kind to yourself as well. 

I hope you will find this to be a supportive community. Welcome and all the best ๐Ÿ’

Hi @CRyan 

You are very welcome, and thank you for your kind words. Peer-to-peer support is invaluable! You are a part of what makes our communities so great already โค๏ธ

Hey Eyad

As a mother of an insanely busy household, I like to remind myself sometimes that strength lies in understanding that you are only human and cannot be everything for everyone at all times. Sometimes I feel like superwoman, and others like I am failing.

I think your family would love to know what is on your mind and to be able to help in any way. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Zoe7 and @Eyad i also have trouble letting family and friends know I struggle with anxiety.

logically I know they wouldnโ€™t judge and would support me but I feel I donโ€™t want to burden them. 

I also must admit to feeling judgemental of myself for not being able to just cope and deal. 

I would never judge or criticise anyone else for the above but I am trying to be more gentle and loving to myself 

@Me73 , that's great insight. I too hope you can feel more able to go gentle on yourself. We all deserve it! 

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Hi everyone, things have become worse than ever and my anxiety is ruining every aspect of my life. A few recent big losses have not helped and genetics. I'm not sleeping or eating and have become extremely sad and negative. Thank you for the acceptance ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @Paperdaisy  It is useful to read other people's journeys and appreciate the welcome.

I had a good day today just doing things with my daughters while committing to their sport activities and remembering to just be present. I think us BPDers need to remember we may be feeling distress but others around us are not necessarily so it takes the pressure off having to always manage younger one's emotions. sometimes being angry or tired for my girls is just that and i try to let them self sooth and not read into it.

My mantra today was ' respond - don't react' and that helped... mind you I am still an inpatient in a clinic so I did 6 hours and then was able to retreat. 
I am hoping to find some resources for structuring my days so i dont feel so lost in the emotions / I have an early morning exercise plan and that helps. I volunteer one day a week for 2 hours as well. any other sugggestions would be very helpful for those strctures / planning of days whe we just feel lost in the distress cycle. thank you C

Hi @Mara_S - i agree with youand sometimes we need to know as mothers that 'good enough is good enough'. Are the family members safe, fed, getting to school and able to share a bit about their struggles. We cant always fix it but as a mum just saying ' you did okay' to yourself can help as that is what we tell those in our family. I have 2 girls with busy schedules and in high perfoming school and peers who are professionals working very long hours so i get the need to feel like super woman but remember you are doing the best youcan and that is enough (reminder to tell myself the same!)