Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with Schizophrenia // 16 May 7 - 9 AEST

I hear you @ViperPixie. Hope and I aren't such good friends at the moment either.

@ViperPixie yeah hope can be dashed. And that's no fun at all. Perhaps thinking of it a bit differently, like as simple as just looking forward to something - sitting in the sun on a autumn day / going to the movies - something like that. In our MI for me it's about looking forward to feeling better on a good day.

Are their positives @NikNik? YES! I'm a far better, kinder and more understanding person than I would have been without MI.

What would I tell my younger self? To do what I have done. To always be open and honest about my diagnosid with everyone and that as long as you continue to persevere in making a relatively manageable life you'll find that there is gold at the end of the rainbow.

Advocste, advocate, advocate! 😃

@Former-Member I thank you for your words and kindness and perspective, unfortunately my situation makes those things a bit hard but hopefully my feet are on a path that will one day lead me there.
Thank you everyone for you kindness and welcoming thoughts and words it's been nice to meet u

@Kurra wrote:
Are their positives @NikNik? YES! I'm a far better, kinder and more understanding person than I would have been without MI.

I think the same goes for me @Kurra.

Thank you @NikNik  @Hannah93 and everyone for sharing. I have really enjoyed hearing about your experiences and learning more about what it is like living with schizophrenia. Smiley Happy

@ViperPixie

I can empathise with you and I totally understand. Hope is such a loaded word when you're in the thick of it. It's can feel overwhelming to think about. I've been there... Thank you for being so honest.

Thank you for your words @Hannah93

Thank you @NikNik and everyone else 🙂

I feel so emotional right now. Reflecting on how alone and cut off from the world I felt for so many years, it is amazing to talk to people who can understand what I'm dealing with and who have shared similar experiences with with me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insight with me.

You are all amazing. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance