Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

I like it when you say “where life isn’t compulsory and suicide isn’t taboo” @chibam 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

@flybluebird wrote:

How do you find others who share your dream of communities

Well as we know from here on the forums you can find some online or in your local community spaces.

A quick brainstorm & options might be through:

• local community centres
  • council services
  • libraries - often have leaflets about various groups
  • online searches
  • searching for the specific activity, sport or hobby
  • maybe its also finding various types of work environments that align with own set of values or purpose
  • Facebook have various groups
  • Art, theatre or music centres, meet up groups

Your thoughts?

IMHO, it needs the discerning element of human perception. We are talking about seeking compatability along profound spiritual, emotional & ideological criteria here. I don't think computers have attained the capability to sort people along those lines, yet.

Likewise, my experiance has been that it's a bit of a pipe dream to show up randomly to a scenario that contains other warm bodies, and expect that they'll be the ones you've been looking for.

And that's OK @outlander -
But I am really glad that you have found a place to come where others can share with you, your value and connection. We are lucky to have you with us here!

This has been such an incredible discussion tonight, and I have really enjoyed exploring this topic with you all. Thank you for approaching this discussion with generosity, curiosity, and an openness to share your experiences with each other 🙂 Thank you for stopping by tonight @BlueBay @HenryX @Shaz51 @greenpea @still_bookish @nony @chibam @Dimity @CapnWannabe @Judi9877 @outlander @Mystickate @StuF @Eve7 

Your contributions are why this community is so amazing Heart

And to the amazing @flybluebird, thank you for being our guest and sharing your experiences and thoughts with us. I can see how passionate you are about the topic of community, and I am so pleased we were able to have you here tonight. 

We have come to the end of our discussion, but invite you to continue to build on the connections here throughout the forums community.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you again in a fortnight for our next Topic Tuesday: Coping with holidays and the end of the year

@Eve7 wrote:

I like it when you say “where life isn’t compulsory and suicide isn’t taboo” @chibam 

Wishful thinking, @Eve7 . I long to be free of my shackles.

Thank you, @flybluebird and @Daisydreamer. Thank you, everyone.

Thank you @flybluebird , @Daisydreamer  & everyone else! This has been a fascinating discussion, as always! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you @Daisydreamer , @flybluebird  for a great night  😀👍:ok_hand:

Thanks doe the chat @flybluebird @Daisydreamer and to everyone who joined in whether you posted or just was reading along tonight.

Thank you all SO MUCH for being part of this discussion - It's been such a gift to hear all your own perspectives, thoughts & experiences around this topic on Community, connection & belonging!

It's been an incredible chat & I look forward to continuing our connections across the fourms here. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance