Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling excluded in a loved ones treatment journey // Tues 21 Aug, 7pm AEDT

Well done Darcy. You're doing it for us all. Recently I listened to a carer say that she feels treated like someone with no education, when in fact she has a masters degree in a relevant discipline.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling excluded in a loved ones treatment journey // Tues 21 Aug, 7pm AEDT

@Lynne1 wrote:

I understand! I've keyed in the full title of the Guide in the list of resources I posted; it should be easy to retrieve. The headspace national website has a link to the Guide as well if that helps 

Yes, got it, thanks.  Will this whole conversation stay here for a while to allow my wife to read through it when she is available?

Absolutely. This will remain in our forums to have a read over at another time @CharlieBravo

It’s been great to hear all about your experiences of feeling excluded from a loved one’s treatment journey and I hope there’s been some learning or wisdom you’ll take away with you from tonight’s discussion.

I’d like to say a special thank you to our guest @Lynne1 We've been lucky to have you host tonight’s discussion. Thanks for sharing your journey and experiences with the community 🌷

If you’d like to continue the conversation, you might like to create a new discussion topic to explore things a little further. If you’re interested in learning more about supporting your loved one, you might like to chat with a face to face counsellor for more information.

I’ll leave you with a few links to some more info on supporting a loved one, including a link to Mental Health Carers Tasmania so that you can find out more about their work.  Here goes…

Mental Health Carer’s Tasmania

Advocacy, legislation, and carer rights

Free online program for carers

What support is available for carers?

Families, friends, and carers fact sheet

Rights and responsibilities of carers

Practical hints and tips for carers

As a reminder, if this discussion has triggered anything for you, please reach out to a crisis line for support: Lifeline 13 11 14.

Thanks again everyone. Goodnight  😴

It's been an honour to be part of this discussion. Thanks to you all. 

Warm Regards,

Lynne1 

@Margot wrote:

It’s been great to hear all about your experiences of feeling excluded from a loved one’s treatment journey and I hope there’s been some learning or wisdom you’ll take away with you from tonight’s discussion.

I’d like to say a special thank you to our guest @Lynne1 We've been lucky to have you host tonight’s discussion. Thanks for sharing your journey and experiences with the community 🌷

If you’d like to continue the conversation, you might like to create a new discussion topic to explore things a little further. If you’re interested in learning more about supporting your loved one, you might like to chat with a face to face counsellor for more information.

Thank you @Lynne1@Margot and everyone else who participated.  One thing I take away from this is that we are not alone.

Thank you @Lynne1 @Margot

Thanks! Carer consultants are great. I find carers and service providers prefer talking face to face to a Carer consultant rather than reading a 48 page guide

Well said @CharlieBravo. Thanks for sharing your experiences tonight too @Former-Member@Yumbo@Adge@Shaz51. Wish you all the best moving forward 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance