Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: SANE FORUMS - CODESIGN MAJOR REVIEW

way to go my @Dimity 

@RachSANECEO , @tyme , sooo interested  to increase my involvement here 

Thanks for tag @Dimity 

I was not present for conversation @tyme mentioned, yes finding genuine balance between safety and inclusion is much trickier than having a few safety guidelines or inspectors floating around.

Yes I am interested, but I am careful about feeling pressured to conform, as I am such a bloomin people pleaser I compromise before I realise.  I wish predictatext was not a thing, cos I have to keep correcting it, but I am old fashioned.

Not sure I understand what's happening sorry

@MDT  I don't either!

What is a codesign? @tyme 

Great question.

Co-design is a way of working together; we want to improve the forums - how they work; what they offer and rather than SANE just making changes we want to partner with forum members on what changes you want to see.

Co-design is a structured way of doing that.

Here is a website that explains some more about co-design:

https://alivenetwork.com.au/

Hi @tyme 

It’s so lovely to hear from you - thank you so much for tagging me 💜

This sounds really interesting and I would love to be a part of these conversations 😊

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Count me in, @RachSANECEO .

@Historylover, don't think I saw your name tagged anywhere above. Just letting you know about this thread incase you missed it. 🙂

You're very thoughtful, @chibam, but I'm not interested.  I think the forum is as good as it can be. Change isn't necessarily improvement. Too many cooks spoil the broth. 😊

@RachSANECEO wrote:
Great question.

Co-design is a way of working together; we want to improve the forums - how they work; what they offer and rather than SANE just making changes we want to partner with forum members on what changes you want to see.

Co-design is a structured way of doing that.

Here is a website that explains some more about co-design:

https://alivenetwork.com.au/

Thanks for explaining, @RachSANECEO  🙂

The first question I have is why is the survey being formulated without member input first in what should be in it? @RachSANECEO If the syndication partner organisations are those being initially consulted then the survey itself will naturally be skewed towards their needs and therefore not necessarily relate to those of the forum members themselves. There is no point putting out a survey that does not correlate to the needs of the forum issues when members have not had that input. 

This is a major issue with so many of the surveys, working groups/consultations that happen in the wider MH field. The latest 'consultation' by the National Mental Health Commission did the same - the results were pre-determined by the questions they asked and little or no scope was given to actually 'hear' what people were actually saying.

The first step in this co-design SHOULD be an open invitation to our (considerable) membership to bring up the issues they see/have with the forums AND THEN a comprehensive survey designed for all members to have the opportunity to complete.

This process should also not just be posted in the forums but sent out to all members in the form of a newsletter or email with the scope to submit questions an/or issues without it being on the open forum ...as not everyone is confident nor feels safe bringing some of those issues up on an open forum.

As for the scope for members to contribute and some be paid for their time - whilst I understand that is policy for SANE and most organisations now - it does also exclude others' voices when the threshold has been reached. 

I am, of course, very vocal in my advocacy for member contributions in this field but am also disillusioned by previous such 'consultations' where there has been a lack of follow-up or indeed ongoing communication with and for the members. I do hope this is different but apprehensive about the actual input the community will have in such changes.

More than happy to continue the discussion, be involved and most importantly advocate for the members here that have collectively so much knowledge, insight and contributions to make.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance