Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Career Chat // Returning to work // Fri. 2 June, 12pm AEST

HI @Former-Member

That is a gret question. Disability employment service (DES) primary focus is to assist people with disability and mental health conditions to return back to the workforce. As they are a government contracted service provider there are eligibility requirements that need to be met. Generally people are referred to the service from Centrelink. The most important thing is that you choose a provider that best suits your needs and also an employment consultant that you are able to work effectively with. You can choose have a look at www.jobsearch.gov.au for available providers in your area. DE providers will work with you to help you transition into employment. There are many services that can be available to you for instance, they will be able to help you re-train for the workforce. They will ensure that you are comfortable at every step of the process. The sole focus will be to ensure that you are matched to the right job, the right employment environment and then continue to support you in the job for as long as you need the assistance.

Ostara Australia will ensure that we have a chat forum specifically to discuss how to engage with DES Providers to ensure that individuals receive the best support and outcome.

I was suspended from work 16/2 due to the trauma of the job causing a dissociative polypharmacy life threatening event March 2016. After returning to work at the end of April I was doing really well. Still being exposed to trauma I was not trained for. Then a new Sgt started and I was subjected to bullying for her to pad her resume and move up. She rallied others and when I complained got suspended. They still wont let me go back to work. It is a union matter now. I am not the only worker this government department has damaged then discriminated against and discarded even afer 18+ years. I am in limbo....financially struggling and can't move forward. I also have bilateral nerve damage in both arms from work.<br>How do I even start returning to work?

Hello @Noideamum

Welcome to the forums and for sharing your difficulties, all of that sounds incredibly hard. A the discussion as finished with @OstaraAust I will be able to send them an email if they do not see your post.

You can also maye give them a callas they can asist you with supporting you to manage finding a way to go back to work, their details are:

Ostara Australia

1300 562 7335

http://www.ostara.org.au/

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance