Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Career Chat // How to survive a new job // Friday, 23 Sep. 12pm AEST

Yes you are right. Getting around the law is all part of it isn't it for some organisations ... My approach is that if they don't want me because of my mental illness then I don't want them ... sour grapes mentality😉

but in all seriousness... We as a society have a lot to answer for regarding our treatment of people with MI in the workforce but at the same time many employees with mental health issues are simply not doing the right thing for themselves (not talking correct measures to maintain good mental health etc) so that the stigma is reinforced and used against future prospective employees ...

It's a complicated issue ...

That's why we changed the times ... One of our contributors said they couldn't join in early so we delayed starting until later so I could go longer !! @Kurra It's great to have you contributing !!!

What it's really all about these days @Renstar is that workplaces are becoming so risk averse there'll come a time when they won't be able to employ anyone! Have a great weekend. Sorry to keep you late. 😳😉🎶

I agree @Kurra ... That's why we fight!

you have a great weekend too and no worries I'm enjoying the discussion ! Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance