Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

gyp
Senior Contributor

no sleep

I have not had good deep sleep for over 12 months. I have tried many relaxation techniques with no positive results. Last night I did not slept at all and this makes me feel out of control. I have tried many sleeping pills as well and they all have side affects that usually have a negative impact on me for example walking into walls or seeing objects that are not there or not being able to drive. Today I am so agitated that I just want to give up..im sick of struggling with MI. I have appointment with psych today and not looking fwd to it. I have always got through with my illness and eventually felt ok. This time everything seems harder and I am. not responding as well to life. I just don't care anymore.
4 REPLIES 4
mrkotter
Senior Contributor

Re: no sleep

Hey @gyp hang in there mate. I know its tough at the moment but just keep going. Your psychiatrist is there to help. It sucks that problems can last this long. 

Hi @gyp

Sleep is so integral to our mental health - after not having a decent sleep in 12 months it must be so tough.

How did your appointment with the psych go?

gyp
Senior Contributor

Hi NikNik, My appt went ok. My main focus was my sleep deficiency and I did stress to my psychiatrist that it was becoming an enormous worry and causing my depression to deepen. The best she could do was to prescribe another med. So I will have another go at sleeping tonight . Thx for asking NikNik 😐

That's no good about your sleep @gyp 

If it helps at all, I'm up through the night tonight too. I've faced insomnia most of my life and recently decided to just embrace it and enjoy the experience. I've structured work/study around my sleep patterns and just go with it. 

If you send a post anytime through the night, I'll most likely get back to you very fast. 

You mentioned that you "feel out of control". Is that in part because of feelings that your sleep patterns are 'different' from other peoples patterns? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance