Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hyperballad
Senior Contributor

Tonight

So a close friend offered that we catch up at her tonight just to have a drink., pizza and watch some tv. After a big week I thought it would be a good idea and a chance to spend some low key time with someone after a thought MH week.

it turned out she invited two other friends and I got lost in the conversations - they spent a lot of time talking about themselves and they had already been drinking. Anyway, it happens. It did rough a nerve for me because in social situations I can feel excluded and tonight I really wasn’t in that social headspace anyway.

the conversations did make me feel like part of me thinks I have failed in life - like I’m a failure. I’m not saying that’s how I completely see myself but it made me realise that there is a part of me that feels like this deeply. Recognising that I guess means it’s a part of me that needs to have a voice and be heard and to have compassion. Obvs it’s not a great feeling to have (and I’m sure at some level many people do), but there’s also something positive in realising that these’s this feeling of failure inside of me that could be driving other thoughts etc

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tonight

But tonight made me realise how hard it is to find people that I can just talk to or open up to. Friends usually don’t listen - one labelled me an overthinker, another responded weirdly when I said I meditated earlier, another is just erratic in his communication. I guess we can’t make people be who we want, we don’t have that control, but it’s hard to find people who are good for this stuff

Sand
Casual Contributor

Re: Tonight

@Hyperballad 

I feel for you, I know what its like to seek companionship/human connection and then leave feeling worse than you did beforehand, especially when you feel lesser/not understood/not cared about than you did prior to hanging out.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance