Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: The everlasting lifemare

@Redraw. There is no such thing as perfect. Trying to aim for perfection - just sets one up for failure.
Maybe what you need to focus on - to work on - is believing in yourself. Learning that you are worth more than how people treat you. And learning who to put your time and energy into.
This is not an easy thing to do. Especially on your own. But if you can manage to slowly work through this - I think you will feel better about yourself and then attract good hearted people into yiur life.
Well, this is what I wish for you.

Now while perfection is highly improbable for me that is no reason to not try to get as close as I can to try as hard as I can, like when I draw until it can reach my expectations it is not good enough, I don't expect perfection of others I don't hold high standards for anyone but myself. But there are some things I expect of others dependant on a given situation. Lies, betrayal, abuse, violence these are deal breakers.

I guess it's similar to when I watch movies with a basis in other mediums or with people that do not fit the situation I find it hard to find justification for such obvious flaws. I can provide examples if required

@Redraw. Art is a good example of trying to reach perfection & not putting up with good enough. I agree.
But I don't understand why you hold yourself to perfection, but not others.
Perfection is hard to live it to.
I think you, I or others, can be good and true to ourselves - without the internal pressure of perfection - & without sinking to the levels that others have.

@Redraw

I dont know what to say to you except I do totally understand as me and my partner have been USED a great deal by so called friends - we even had one try to streal out of our wardrobe while we were doing them a favour! I dont know if its our over generous nature but we also seem to attract these type of people.  These days we might have one couple who we see as friends but no one really who is a true friend that we can talk to and share real deep thoughts. Its unfortunate but I dont rrust people anymore as every time I do they hurt us.  Not that it is a good thing but I try to expect the worst from people so I'm not disappointed and if they are nice well then its a welcomed surprise.

Nothing is perfect in life and no one is perfect in life, you grow as you get older and keep learning constantly so you cant be perfect in the true sense of it.  Just be who you are and be proud of who you are - you are a good person with wonderful positive attirbutions.

Utopia, I hold myself to a much higher standard than others because i control me they obviously care little about it but for me any failure is not good enough, It's not my place to hold standards for anyone but me it's not for me to judge any individual without some detail, but I see details very easily yet I still hold, I can see so much in people that it tears me apart. groups are impossible and crash my brain, to much information too many variables my mind cannot create a standard that fits so I go into shutdown/autopilot.

@Redraw. You are right. You keep holding onto your standards. I guess I do judge others, although I've always thought of it as not wasting my energy on those that don't want it or could hurt me.
It sounds incredibly painful to see so much detail everywhere.

the detail it's a matter of creating a picture knowing where to limit myself, but seeing the hypocrisy the nature of people is hard, we all judge everyone it's impossible not to it's a survival mechanism the trick is how we handle that information, in a one on one situation I can be so much but it means so little to all so generally it's groups groups to many images to much different levels for to many, no one should see what I see, no one should feel what I feel, no one should hurt as I hurt.

@Redraw. YOU shouldn't see what you see.
YOU shouldn't feel what you feel.
YOU shouldn't hurt as you hurt.
I'm truly sorry that you do.

i have been given pain I have taken the pain of others, I am made to walk an endless road alone until the weight overwhelms my strength, my only solace in the thought that perhaps the people who's pain has drained from them to me may smile one day unbeknownst to them as to why 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance