Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Suu
Casual Contributor

Struggling again 😔

Feeling very flat ATM, caring for elderly parents last week. Dad had a fall and mum has dementia. They have both gotten worse. On top of that I had a disagreement with my sister about weather I should visit them through these troubled times. Made me so upset and now I'm on a spiral down again. Doesn't take much

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Struggling again 😔

I’m so sorry @Suu, with everything going on with the world having elderly parents in need of care and disagreements with other family members, I imagine it would just seem a bit much at times.
I’m sure you’ve been told this hundreds of times, but you always put the oxygen mask on you first, family second. You need to take care of you too. You’re important and deserve care.
If I were you I’d contact my psychologist and see if I could talk it out with him.
Do you have something that can kinda act like an anchor in the storm?
I find my kitty also does a good job when I’ve had arguments.

I feel that, doesnt take much to spiral soemitmes I feel like I can be happy one moment, and then someone says something slightly off and I'm down in the dumps again. I think it is so kind of you to be taking care of your mum and dad. The most beautiful thing in life is to care for your family.

hey @Suu and welcome
please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. a little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name this way itll tag them for you so they'll receive a notification from you.

you might like to join in on the carers forums as well. there are others including myself who have experience with caring for elderly parents or those with dementia

as a carer its important to also take care of yourself. have you got any supports in place that your also able to talk to?
carers Australia is pretty good and have some resources as well you might be interested in

Thank you so much for your comments. Means a lot to me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance