Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Should you try to avoid suicidal thoughts?

Dear pea, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. To speak half truths is very frustrating as you never feel 'cleansed' could you write down what you really want to say then maybe burn it or flush it down the toilet.  Are you worried that if you told your nurse or pdoc that they would put you in hospital? I know you are very protective of your loved ones and don't want to hurt them, but you also need to be well to be there for them. @greenpea  Really hard for you, sending lots of loving 🤗🤗🤗🤗 for you too @Appleblossom @chibam @Former-Member @Zoe7 

@Former-Member  Always_hope you are so kindHeart. I dont even think I could do that .... it is my illness sweetheart my psychosis  has affected my mind so much I cannot talk about it.  May be one day. xxx

@greenpea 

Heart

Maybe one day.

Heart

Thank you @Former-Member 

Heart

I told a doctor about it in August last year that I had thoughts. Something I will never do again as it had a detrimental negative effect on my care in the hospital. I had a lot happen, am on workers comp and fighting harassment/bullying and discrimination and then my femur broke (still not healing). I was told and that I was not able to get rehabilitation due to my mental health, all because I said that I wish I was dead. I was a private patient and rejected for rehabilitation of an injury. Never again will I speak out loud, I was also ignored when I needed pain medication, and not offered any home help when I left the government hospital. I had to present to my local hospital to ED to get to talk to an OT and get access to home help, they were shocked that the other hospital did not arrange it for me, considering that they knew  I live alone and was non-weight-bearing on crutches. All the other patients in the hospital got to talk to OT, physio was organised, home help was organised, they got to speak to the pharmacy. No one spoke to me, I was just told to go home.

Sorry to hear that @Ratchet 

Yes I have heard some doctors are a little risk averse, but isn't it their job??

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance