Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Re: SH

Absolutely - but I don't know what can be done about it- I am on a "find a grandparent" website, but when it comes to the crunch my past abuse& trauma prevents me from allowing anyone in close to us - as I am still traumatised paticularly from the abusers being my mother, father, stepfather, brother& they brainwashed my son into hating me & wishing I was dead- so I am stuck in limbo

It is difficult.

@Serenity1 

I had similar betrayal by my family. I was actually the one who showed up when others needed a grandmother.

Smiley Frustrated

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that @Appleblossom -- 😢 good for you- did u show up in ur own grandkids lives or for surrogate grandmother type thing? Hopefully I can overcome my issues for my daughters sake if we find a suitable grandmother figure -as I know she needs more connections than just me 💖

It was for an aunt & uncle.  I went to my young cousin's grandmother day at school.

@Serenity1 

It was hot today, but I survived.  The air con is still on and the house is lovely & cool.

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom that is very nice of you- glad your aircon is helping to keep you cool- ours is broken atm so we have been suffering in the heat 💖

Yes it is tough. @Serenity1 

Melting

We never had air con til last few years.

Yesterday I was out all day.

Never know what to say.

There are always people better off and worse off.

To look on the bright side or feel gratitude or not.

We did fans blowing through damp towels for our kids

Hope you are alright today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance