Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Rebel on the run

I feel like drinking, watching war movies to harden up and getting on with the thing called life.

Packed in cotton wool won't make my life better, I've got through this before, just need to harden up! Tree hugging and self compassion don't help in the harshness of life.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rebel on the run

Life can be a bitter experience, Flower. I work full-time, do the washing, cleaning, cooking, gardening and manage finances for my wife, my daughter & me. When all this is done, I listen to my wife bemoaning the difficulties of her existence as a non-working parent, and my failings as a husband; including my lack of qualifications and my limited income. I too feel like drinking - at times. I haven't thought about watching war movies; but, I will keep this strategy to harden up in mind.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@KD2016

Watching blood diamond makes me remember how insignificant our first world problems are. I just wanna toughen up so I can go back to work full time and support my family. Tried the soft road long enough...
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

Wow, interesting post.. I think there is some truth in not becoming too .. soft (not sure thats the right word) and getting back into the real world but we have to be ready to as well... I know for me I need to be busy, and doing stuff because other wise i over think things and ruminate. I need external goals that I have to move towards to motivate me.

But i think its also really important to know about our limits, and how much we can handle.. It's not easy being a mum and having mi and everything else that goes with those things. Need to have some kindness towards ourselves as well to help us get through.

Hugs!

@KD2016

I'm not sure we've met, welcome to the forums, its great to have you hear. Sounds like you have a huge amount of responsibility that you're juggling on your own without much moral support at all from your partner. Not easy, I hope you find some support here on the forums,

take care,

lj

Hi @Former-Member I havent seen Blood Diamond but have thought about watching it one day .. for the social issues //I also got sick of me being so reactive watching movies .. jumpin sky high at the drop of a hat etc .. tears .. all sorts .. and did toughen a bit watching a few action flicks with my son.  

Yep there are so many aspects to mental health.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance