Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hyperballad
Senior Contributor

Past few days have been tough

The past few days have been really tough. I've been feeling incredibly needy and lacking self-worth. It's been a real challenge to try to stay above it all and shake it off. I have a therapist once a week, so that is coming up on Friday morning but it has been tough. 

I'm sure many of you can relate to wanting something to take it away or get some relief from it but I guess the only way out is through it, right?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Past few days have been tough

@Hyperballad I can really relate to feeling needy, it's not a nice feeling. But we all have needs, and we're allowed to ask for them to be met! Which of your needs feel like they're not being met right now? 

Yeah it can be hard to keep putting one foot in front of the other but it is the only way forward! But doing things to nourish ourselves along the way is important too. Do you have some go-to self care strategies you could implement? 

Hi @Hyperballad 

It is nice to meet you.

I'm sorry to hear that the past few days have been difficult for you but glad to hear that you have got a support in place to help.

It is sometimes hard to see that way forward and get relief from what is happening within our lives.

It does take a lot of courage and determination to continue at times. We just have to keep putting one foot in front of another.

Please know that there is always someone to talk to on here.

Take care of you

Snowie

I guess I’ve been going through feeling very insecure about everything, which makes me look for other people to make me feel secure about myself. I guess that comes down to trusting myself more. The world just feels a bit brutal and cold at times.

I have some go-to strategies like breathing, exercise, meditation etc. 

I can certainly relate to those feelings. It's awful and feels like it's never going to end. I tell myself these days that the feelings are temporary and that in a week or so things will always look different. It has helped me forgive myself a little so I am not so hard on myself when I do get down. 

I hope things have improved and you are starting to feel a little better. 

🙂

Thanks for the reminder about it only being temporary. One of the things I try to keep in mind is the concept of riding the wave, something I came across last least year that helped me think about these experiences.

Sometimes I also surprise myself with how resourceful I can be when under stress. I was evicted on no grounds early last year and it was a gut punch surprise but I swung into action with practical planning etc. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance