Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: MoonGal - My Mum died having a hard time keeping my head above water

I sounds like you have been really trying to keep yourself together. You are going through a tough time with the loss of your mother but also having to face this triggering person.

Have you considered in taking some time for yourself ..some time alone.. wherever you feel most comfortable with  ... To.explore those feelings and your triggers and to fuel up yourself with strategies you can use during this coming days.

Sending you strength

Ohhh hugs my @MoonGal ❤ 

Hello @AnnaMae1 , @AussieRecharger , @Appleblossom , @flybluebird 

Losing my mother was hard it was just me and her living together for 20 years  in the a shared unit , I was her carer when. She got dementia and with her all through palliative care , ones her mainstay through her illness as other family members did not live close by , it's taken a big toll on me no social life no partner , just getting back into the workforce it's very hard after being out of this for over 7years , it's took an enormous physical and mental toll on myself  it's very hard to find normality counselling did not help.no idea of what's required be a carer , but you got pick yourself up or you will be left behind , and become a statistic yourself , your mum would not want you to be struggling do keep this in your mind  , and try to take it  1 day at a time my friend it does get easier as time goes by think.of the good times you had this will help your mental health , stay positive it gets better it's been 2years since my mum past just make her proud of you  ok you will get there 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance