Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Mental Health & Happiness

That's cool you were able to spend time with your niece today @BPDSurvivor & providing her a rich education! Good job.

I haven't been around children for a long time. They are brutally honest from memory. I like that you take what she says seriously. Often, children are dismissed.

They don't have the filter yet, that we learn as adults do they? They simply speak. If they say something innapropiate, it never comes from a malicious place - it's a simple observation. I feel like the type of truth kids express is very valuable too.

My niece gets spoilt during school holidays @maddison . She spent some time early in the morning with me, then she went to a holiday craft program with her mum (my sister), then she went to an Oz Animal

show, then a creepy crawlies show where she got to sit in a butterfly enclosure, look at butterfly specimens through a microscope etc.

After that, she came back to me so we could read together, have dinner, read some more and now she’s gone home.

Tomorrow we are going to the pool together, then having lunch. 

All this can be done while her siblings are at daycare and she’s on school holidays. She’s got two younger siblings (4 and 2 years old).

Im a teacher and her mum’s a teacher so we are all on school holidays together!

Wow! So much fun @BPDSurvivor what an amazingly lucky little girl💜 they sound like great activities too.

I wonder what her favourite part of the day was? 

I like the butterfly enclosure..🦋!

Enjoy your day at the pool tomorrow🙂

Hey @maddison ,

I’m taking her to the shops today along with her little brother. Then I’ll do some gardening at my house before sending them home.

Spoilt!

Hope you are having a good day!

Thankyou!

Sounds lovely @BPDSurvivor I'm imagining there might be one or two favourite presents bought?

What a good Aunty you are. I'm sure the kids treasure their schools holidays & time spent with you.

Hope you have beautiful day...& lots of spoiling!!💜

Argh… presents - of course! @maddison . Little Bluey sip cups from Boost juice… spoilt! 

Hey @BPDSurvivor @maddison 

hope You’re both doing ok. 

packed a few more boxes today mostly kitchen stuff. You don’t realise how much you have until you see all the boxes. 

Time for a coffee. Hope you’re both having a nice afternoon.  Xxxx

I’ve been a little low lately @BlueBay . I’m trying to stay on top of it as I’m aware. 

I think it could be due to the lack of routine since the school holidays. My holidays are usually jam-packed, but not this holidays. I’m very much a routine-driven person. 

It’s strange how all term I look forward to the holidays, then when these holidays come, I want to go back to routine…

Oh well. Next week I might be going away.

@BlueBay , all the best with your packing!

@BPDSurvivor  Sorry you feel down...sending wishes for you...

Thanks @NatureLover . I’m be okay. Just need to get back into the swing of things.

Hope this day is pleasant for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance