Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ant7
Senior Contributor

Re: Love and lust

Thanks @utopia it has been a very hard year and a half and it just never seems to end. Last year I lost a close relative then I found out my best friend from school had brain cancer. We had to have both of our dogs put down at the end of the year within a couple of months of each other. From September on we have been getting hit with bill after bill witch has drained out savings and added to the stress. In January our oldest daughter who has severe anxiety and depression asked to go back and see her psychiatrist and we want to send her but we don't have the money. Then in March we have a house in Queensland that we couldn't sell when we moved and the tenants moved out it is still vacant and the tenants had over paid on rent so the real estate agent told us we owed them $3k and we have been playing two mortgage since then. In the last two months my sons computer witch he needs for TAFE died $600 the lounge broke $1500 then the dishwasher and the washing machine died in the same week $2k then my mate with brain cancer died my wife's computer that she needs for work died $800. After I got home from my mates funeral my mother rang me and asked if I could take my dad and her to hospital cause dad was unwell turns out he is in heart failure. Can't be fixed but they have it under control for the moment but he will die from it eventually. Then yesterday I got a letter from the ATO and I owe them $2k because our account didn't tick a box 3 years ago when they did our tax then my wife's sister rang and her dad had had some sort of issues he passed out and has twitching legs and arms but won't let anyone see him then my mum rang and told me my dad is going down hill again and asked if I could ring my brothers as she could not face it. I just wish it would all stop

@Ant7. My god. You have been put through an emotional wringer. I'm surprised you are still standing. Those are some very tough things to have to deal with. Both you and your wife.
Are you seeing a counselor / psychologist yourself? Is your wife? It's so important to have support during these extremely emotional times. And it sounds like you and your wife both need extra support at the moment.
I understand that financially things are very tight. But you can receive free medicare appointments with a psychologist. Your gp canset this up for you. I've used this medicare funded service before and it was a big help for me.
So maybe you and your wife can go and see your gp, together or separately, and let your gp know of all these major stressors you are under.
You both sound like you need extra support at this time. This Forum is a good place to offer that support. So is your gp.
Ant7
Senior Contributor

@utopia thank you again for your kind words and advice. At the moment neither my wife or I are seeing anyone. Neither of us have ever seen a counsellor or psychologist except once just after our first child was still born. And that was just one session. I do find the forums helpful it is nice to just put my problems out there for me that helps you know. It is funny but the last 24 hours as hard as it has been we have been close and supporting each other. That probably sounds funny as we have always been close even when the intimacy isn't there so that's one really good thing I guess

@Ant7. I'm so glad you and your wife are supporting each other. It will help. And I agree, sometimes simply getting things off your chest, here on the forum, can be a big relief.
Keep using the forum.
Ant7
Senior Contributor

Thanks @utopia some times it's good to just get it out there putting it down makes it real and when people care enough to respond and offer advice it makes you feel better
Ant7
Senior Contributor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance