Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Learning to live (and be myself) again

@Ali11 things and times are definitely changing + The world around us is always changing... there is so many factors which influence ones mh and life these days... ones needs are incredibly complicated... you raise some interesting points about trusting people vs isolating and productively vs happiness and the focus of people changing...

There is a saying that rather than trying to focus on having a good day, look for the good in the day, no matter how small it is. We hope that your techniques are helping you calm down @eudemonism . Heart

@eudemonism Sorry to hear your anxiety. Medication side fee to can be very bad. Good on you try to get onto something positive.

@Ali11 yea I've got goals I'd like to be achieving. But it comes down to time, effort and finances. I've found that sleeping in and afternoon naps help with my issues. And help me get through the day.

@Meowmy sometimes it can feel that my life is based around problems. Problems and more problems....

I feel like my thinking has changed over the last few weeks.... I've been reflecting on my stages of being unwell and have been taking note of my present condition vs prior conditions...

Stuff like being ontop of washing, showering, hygiene... being motivated toward my personal goals... reaching out to family and friends more... feeling like I'm in control of the direction of my life... you know doing well... winning... succeeding... achieving... being well as can be...

It's hard because I've constantly got depression, anxiety and psychosis (my mi) lingering in my mind... and I've constantly got the burden of side effects to deal with... + truth be known... my mental and physical condition is basically a result of my circumstances/world around me & the choices I'm making to deal with it...

@eudemonism I know it is not easy. I am still struggling with deep depression. We can only press on. Take care.

It's interesting how big an impact doing little chores can have on our wellbeing, isn't it @eudemonism? Tony Robbins once said something about just being sure to make your bed each morning and have a shower or bath, just the action of getting up and doing both of those things can give you momentum to do something else. Not sure it works every day, but it makes some sense Smiley Happy In your reflecting, are you writing the stages down or just doing a lot of thinking/meditating on past situations?

@Ali11yea i know... just processing everything basically ... trying to piece the jigsaw together...

One day at a time @eudemonism Heart Hope you're doing something kind for yourself this weekend.

@Meowmymy condition is constantly fluctuating and it's usually from one extreme to the other... it's not real good.. it definitely don't feel natural or normal to be experiencing this ... basically crawling from one day to the next and in desperate need of something to change. .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance