Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Wombat_87
New Contributor

Just feeling.....blah

Hi all - just joined so first time posting! I won't go into my story all at once but I'm just feeling like....blah...like I don't know how to describe my emotions. I had a counselling session today and just brought up a whole range of things. I took myself to the movies thinking it would help but just made it worst as I look around the cinema and there were nothing but couples which is hard as my wife and I currently live apart due to work. I'm the type of guy that used to go missing at parties and you'd find me on top of a hill or at the bottom of a driveway, just thinking. Not doing anything just wanting to be alone, and surrounded by people at the same time and just being stuck somewhere in the middle. Not the right time of night to be ringing a mate and saying "hey, wanna hang out?" Lol.....please someone say they get this also...
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Just feeling.....blah

Hi @Wombat_87

It is amazing how alone we can be in a crowded room, and still need to reach out. I guess we need both.

I used to love wombats down at the Prom.  Fitting in with the natural world helps me feel connected too.

@Wombat_87 (wombats - my favorite Aussie Animal).
Sometimes at parties - especially when lots of people, I often take myself to a corner of the yard and just quietly reflect on things. It's calming.
Sorry today is an emotional one. I often find after a therapy session that I'm more emotionally sensitive & have more negative self talk. And again like you, I can't always pinpoint what I'm feeling. I just know I'm 'off' or 'restless'.
However, the more therapy I havs, the better I understand what my psychologist means and thd better I feel.
You are not alone with what you are experiencing.

Wombat_87
Counselling can bring up a lot of shite which is crap hopefully you feel some benefit later
I feel lonely when I go out as I'm mostly by myself
🙂

Its been a mission to become comfortable with my own company but I'm slowly getting to be ok with it.It was so upsetting being out with my wife and still feeling alone because she wasnt invested in our marriage. Your right about therapy being hard at times but hopefully one day youll drive away and realise your a good person and all that bad stuff that happens to us makes us who we are and we are good people.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance