Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hey @Captain24 ,

I'm sorry to hear things are not the best at the moment.

If it helps even a bit, I'm sitting with you tonight.

You can say as little or as much as you feel the need. I'm all ears.

tyme

@tyme 

😢😢😢😢

@Captain24 

From experience, taking like in bite-sized pieces helps. When things were tough, I took tackled only 5 mins at a time... then I gradually increase this time.

For now, it's okay not to be okay. 

Sitting with you,

tyme

I contacted a chat line last night but it wasn’t a real help. Maybe I’m beyond help. 

Still waiting to here if I can’t get into a psychologist. But now I’m not sure if that will help either 

Hi @Captain24,

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time at the moment. It's great that you are reaching out for help. I hope you know how many people on the forums care about you and support you.

Hopefully you will get an appointment with a psychologist very soon - from my experience a psychologist can be a great way to help untangle your thoughts in a safe, non-judgemental and caring space.

Please take care of yourself and let us know you are getting on.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather 

@Captain24 

Make sure you let people know exactly how you are feeling. Atleast the GP. 

I thought I was beyond help, I told my GP that I was not feeling safe, and she referred me to the local mental health team who are going to help me change my medication (because it has stopped working after 7 years of working well). I may not be safe during the change so I might end up being admitted. But atleast I know that professions know now that I need help and they can help me stay alive until I get better. 

My only advice is just keep pushing, let your health professionals know how you are honestly feeling, and just stay here. 

The other forumites on SANE encourage me to keep fighting. Even if I still sort of go into meltdowns and depression crisis's... 

I know it's exhausting... !! Life can be so hard and so unfair... 

But keep fighting... one day at a time, or one hour at a time

Thanks @Christheart 

The earliest I can get an appointment is the 12th July. 

I did something stupid today and hate myself even more for it. I have never been this low previously so I haven’t gained any support yet. 

I hate this feeling and feel like I’m done fighting but I just have to believe in myself that I am strong and can beat this. And yes it’s so exhausting and it’s totally unfair. 

I hope you can get your meds sorted safely and I’m glad that you have support to get you through. Please keep fighting and get through to the other side.  

Hugs and by your side

💕 Captain24

@Captain24 

When did you first start feeling this way? Do you know what caused it?

Can you call emergency mental health service like triage? The health system is a bit suspicious. They first gave me an appointment of January 12th, then 'a few weeks' to see another psychiatrist. But when I was honest and told the GP I was not safe and was making plans, all of a sudden 'they will call you monday'. I guess they have to prioritise care, but this is why you have to be honest with them about how you're feeling, even if it feels shameful and embarrassing. Especially when they ask you have you made plans and ask for the details of the plans, I don't know why they ask that it is very uncomfortable to answer 🤕 But I suppose they have to pass that info on to the mental health team. 

This is a scary space to be in, I know it is, even though I feel so scared I'm trying to hold onto God. It feels like a terrifying roller coaster. 

Thank you for your well wishes, friend 

Christheart 

@Christheart 

I actually just rang an online number and asked for help. It was actually really helpful and I actually feel a little better. I was completely honest which was hard but at the same time relieving. He gave me a little hope and even explained why I did the stupid thing. He showed me that I do have some strength by reaching out. 

I don’t know what caused this crisis or what triggered it. I wish I knew so I could see the sign in the future. It’s been brewing for about 6 weeks and I hit rock bottom last Wednesday. 

I live out in the country so having access to MH support is quite difficult. I can’t even get into see my GP for 2 weeks. 

It’s a massive roller coaster. I am scared but I can finally see that I may actually make it. Until an hour ago I didn’t think I would.

I pray that we both make it!

captain24

I'm just here in the background and wanted to pop my head in to say @Captain24 @Christheart you both show such incredible strength supporting each other in such an honest and compassionate way. 

So glad to hear the helpline gave you hope @Captain24 one foot in front of the other 😊 all the best.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance