Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

@Captain24 sitting with you hon 💗💗

Hey @Captain24 ,

I'm sorry you hear you are feeling this way.

Remember, let the thoughts come and go. Thoughts themselves are not harmful. 

Sitting with you, hun.

Nothing is going 'wrong'. It's very normal that this happens.

Sending some hugs and some strength your way @Captain24. Dark thoughts are just that - thoughts. They can't tell you who you are, because you are not your thoughts. You got this, I believe in you 💜🫂

@Captain24 wrote:

Hey @NatureLover 

Im hoping you are ok?

I haven’t seen you around and am a little concerned for you. 

So sweet of you to notice, thank you @Captain24 . Yes, I've been in a slump. But maybe today is a little better. 

I'm concerned you had a bad evening /night, with dark thoughts. But @tyme  and @Jynx  are right, it's only thoughts (something I still have to work on). 

Sorry to hear your CM is discharging you and you have to find a new pdoc 😢 Also that you didn't get to see your best friend. 

I know you're returning to work tomorrow...how do you feel about that? 

Sending care..

Good morning hon @Captain24 

Hoping today is a bit better for you.

Sending lots of love 💌💌

I’m sorry you are in a slump @NatureLover. I hope today is better for you. 

Yes I go back tomorrow I’m a little scared and apprehensive. I’ll get through it though. 

Thanks @Snowie. I hope you have an ok day. 

After 30years of not studying I’m just enrolling in a course at TAFE I don’t know if it’s smart if stupid? Plus I have to find somewhere to do 80 hours of practical learning. Where I don’t know, it’s a bit hard out here. Plus the course is really expensive so I’m hoping being aboriginal it makes it cheaper. 

@Captain24 that is amazing that you are enrolling in a Tafe course. I don't think it is not stupid at all, it is a great idea.  Another thing that you can aim for.

Going back to work would be scary, especially since you have not been there for awhile. I hope that everything goes ok. After awhile it will probably feel like you have had no time off at all.

I hope it’s a good idea. @Snowie. I just have to motivate myself. Hopefully it can lead to peer support work down the track. Im also hoping it will help with recovery and understanding MH better. 

What are your plans for the day? I’ve been up the street and bathed Pix now I have to talk myself into mowing the front lawn, make lunch for tomorrow and cleaning the house. Then the rest of the day will be mine! 

Anything that helps in your recovery is worth it @Captain24 

There are so many different ways we can help ourself and this is just another one of them.

I'm sure you will find the motivation when you need it.

Just doing some washing and cleaning here too. It never seems to end.

Hopefully you get done what you want and then can have some time to yourself.

Enrolled! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance