Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

Helpline just made things worse

I was in a state where i needed a helpline, i dont normally ring but i was distressed enough to ring and it made it worse 😞  and now im struggling  to regain any control at all 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Helpline just made things worse

Hi @outlander

I find you a very insightful person and provide terrific and calming advice to so many members here. Are you able to look at yourself as another member for a moment and thing of what you would say to calm them and help them to get back a small sense of control again?

SP

I cant think of anything @SleepyPanda
I tried to help myself before i rang but i couldnt even do that .

@outlander

This morning I have been talking with other members on trying to focus on small positive moments in your day. Try pausing and breathing slowly and look for thing to smile about, try to get off the treadmill of thoughts that your mind is bringing up and give yourself a moment to have a break. Finding something to laugh about can break the thoughts you are focussing on.

SP

@outlander hi there how are you doing 

@SleepyPanda ive been trying to stay positive. Trying to just accept things. Trying to just get through the day.
And today it is just crap and i feel like some sort of emotional wrecking ball

Not great @Ant7

Hi @outlander

I'm sorry you're not doing good today. I hear you and feel for you. 

You have helped me so much that I'm here to help you. 

Is there anything you'd like to talk about to take your mind off things?

Here fir you my friend. You can get through this. I believe in you 

❤️BB XXOO

@outlander I'm sorry your having such a hard time right now. Can you focus on stupid YouTube videos, it might give you something to laugh at and pause your thoughts for a sec.

Did you want to talk through anything with us.

Im really not liking being alive atm @BlueBay @The-red-centaur

Ive been cleaning. Washing, cleaning, dishes moping floors to use up nervous energy and keep distracted but irs not really helping
Already tried a shower and putting a movie on earlier hadnt helped so rang helplinr and got someone so judemental and impatient. I cant say what were talking about though.

That's ok @outlander yiu don't have to repeat what they said. It's good you're using some of your energy. Is there something else you can do to distract yourself ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance