Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Depressed how fo I communicate with my wife

Hi everyone. Its been a while.

I need some guidance re- Application for Disability Pension from Centrelink.

Dear Centrelink is making my life hell in that despite their office suggesting I apply for the pension they have rejected it and also declined the review.

received some long legal worded letter from the review suggesting I can appeal to AAT but it just seems such a waste of time and frankly is stressing me backwarsd with my depression. Thinking bad options.

It seems such a waste of effort.

Particularly it is playing on their rule that your illness must be STABALISED. What is STABLE with mental health. It just seems such a wide word so they can reject applications.

Any ideas or comments that could help me understand this would help a lot.

Re: Depressed how fo I communicate with my wife

@depression101

Sounds like you are in a difficult situation, but there is help! There is an organisation that helps people with their social security applications called Welfare Rights.  They can talk to you and give advice and assistance on appealing Centrelink decisions. They have a group in WA.  I suggest giving them a call asap today.  They might get you to come in for an appointment (take all your papers with you - the Centrelink decision, doctors reports, financial information etc.) or they can chat on the phone

http://www.wraswa.org.au/contact/

Their phone number is: 08 9328 1751

My understanding for social security matters is to qualify you need to show you don't have much money (assets or income - they are different things) and, if claiming disability payments, you need to have evidence they will accept of your disability (Doctors reports).  Depending on your age, you might qualify for the age pension rather than disability?  I'm not sure how it all works with the appeal, but there are definitely groups out there that can help you.

Please let us know how you go.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance