Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Attachment weirdness, neediness, shame

@TheVorticon  I have a telehealth appointment with my psych on Saturday but I haven't done any 'work' since last time....

I'm not sure how it will help

@Appleblossom I have a telehealth phone

appointment now.....waiting for call

not sure how it will help...

Sorry for not responding @jamesle2015. I'm taking a break from posting (I'm still on a break but didn't want to leave you hanging). I hope your appointment went ok and that you got a chance to talk about things with your psych, even if you hadn't done any of the 'work'. Sometimes just dealing with day-to-day stuff can be enough work without adding extra psych homework in too. 🙂

How long are you 'on break' for?🙂

Tbh I am not always sure that counselling does help.  A lot of it does depend on what you put in, but that might be your unique way of looking at things .. it might not always be set homework.  Tbh I am feeling cross that not many of my psychs have set any ..

Hope you are doing alright @jamesle2015 

@Appleblossom  The psych said  without the covid we could have done more...

most of the session was spent discussing how I see myself ..

She said she would have to work on one thing at a time....

Well that sounds fair @jamesle2015 

Do you feel alright about ongoing work with her?

@jamesle2015 wrote:

How long are you 'on break' for?🙂

Not sure. I've been using forums/chatrooms more than real-life interactions for (literally) half my life, so I'm trying to see if cutting back online will help me become less stuck.

The break has been mixed so far, and I do miss interacting with people online. It's meant I've had less support with some things, and I had to contact my psych about something between sessions that I normally wouldn't have (which was scary in itself). So I'm still undecided.

@TheVorticon  Just dropping off a hi. 👋👋💞💞 No respond needed, just letting you know you are in my thoughts.

@jamesle2015 @Appleblossom 👋👋💞💞

Hugs @Maggie 

Hi @jamesle2015 

@TheVorticonIts good you are giving irl a go, but my son also says so many of the generation just are not good at irl interaction.  He was a high tek user, but detoxing.  SO dont take lo interaction rates personally.  It is a different world.  Think you are doing the right thing tho.  I decided to post a lot on this forum to try and understand son's generation rather than be "in opposition" to online stuff.  I was late to it.  There is a good and bad in it ... a mixed bag.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance