Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hope9
Casual Contributor

After the ward

Hey everyone never really posted in here before just like to read the discussions but I've really been struggling. In August I was discharged from the mental ward after having an episode of psychosis, I had to move out of my Mums place and move in with my partner and his parents. Ive really just been struggling to find any motivation to do any hobbies or anything whenever I do I feel like I get no joy from it I just feel like Im filling time. I feel like a burden here and Im waiting to move out with my partner. Just wondering what everyone else does while the are stuck at home in a small space with other people. I tend to really like my alone time but at the moment I cant even enjoy watching a tv show without feeling like im just filling time. Any advice or thoughts are welcome I just wanna feel joy again and be able to do things freely without feeling like I'm a waste of space.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: After the ward

Hi Hope9,

I've been there myself. What helped me was changing the dosage of the medication I'm currently taking. Speak to your doctor and describe your state in detail, what you are experiencing now might be the side effects.

PS Sorry for any mistakes, I'm ESL.

Re: After the ward

Hi @ssara74 i have a medical review coming up so will definitely mention how ive been feeling. Thats for the tip 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance