Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rjp
New Contributor

Advice on seeking help from GP

First time here so I hope the language and topic is ok. 
**trigger warning - SH**

I booked an appointment to be seen and checked by my GP this morning after breaking down on the weekend and falling into old bad habits. I wanted to have the site checked and cared to if needed. 
But I became too anxious to go and discuss the issue and be checked, worried what would be said etc. BUT mainly I was worried after someone said "be careful because you have kids so they might want to report this incident. 

Not suicidal at all. Not at risk of this or harm to my children in any way. 
So my main question is - When seeking help or assistance from your GP for SH, am I at risk of being reported to anyone or at risk of anything other than just proper care from my doctor and recommendations moving forward? 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Advice on seeking help from GP

@Rjp  Hi Rip and welcome to the forums. I can only speak from my experience and before I was formally diagnosed my kind gp (and he was wonderful) a real sweety orgranized me to see psychologists under the BOMH packages which are a number of free sessions. He did not report me even though I was clearly ill with a psychosis so he probably should have ..... that is water under the bridge. He suggested I saw the psychologists and kept in touch with me...... clearly he did not think I was at harm to myself or others which is the criteria for being admitted in the mental health system. I did however harm myself badly and have the scars to prove it. greenpea

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance