Skip to main content

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

Thanks for the Friday Feast. I really enjoyed it.

I have just come to a realisation however. I enjoy my time on the forums, but I think I have to go get 'out there' as I have been procrastinating doing for a long time. I just want you to know my posts were always in good faith, hoping to be helpful. That's essentially how I wanted to use the forums. When the poll happened with 'what do you want out of the forums' - to tell you the truth I never was quite sure because I was always coiming from the recovered perspective, but with a desire to connect and be helpful

This is a wonderful thing, this forum. I felt safe and accepted and that's a credit to everyone on here.

Thankyou for having me, I think now its time for me to go and join a netball team and the social club at work. Stuff that has been on my to do list, but I keep coming back to my memories of being ill. I don't know how I will go, but I will do my best (I just have to let go of my belief that I people think I am weird) and get on with it.

You have listened and helped me on my journey in the forums, especially @kristin, @Alessandra1992, @Crazy_Bug_Lady, @kenny66 @PeppiPatty, @kato, @Former-Member and @NikNik, @CherryBomb

Take care 🙂

And hope for the next step into the 'real world' continues...

Rosie

Wow that's huge @Rosie - best of luck with the 'real world'. Team sports are a great way to connect.

Don't be a stranger. Keep us posted on how your journey progresses. Reconnecting with the 'real world' is a huge step, which I'm sure other members have been thinking about too - and I'm sure your experiences will be valuable. And of course we're here to listen if you ever need us!

Your posts have always been full of compassion and great advice - and you have added SO MUCH value to the community.

Take care,

Nik

Night everyone!

Thanks for keeping me company tonight (& all the food).

Would anyone like to volunteer to host next week's Friday Feast?

FRIDAY FEAST TIME

Bring along:

- a (virtual) plate

- a topic for discussion

healthy-vegetarian-foods1-1.jpg

I feel like something healthy tonight so I've made roasted veggies! Yum, what do you feel like eating tonight? What's everyone been up to over the last week?

Former-Member
Not applicable

pasta.jpeg

this is my idea of winter food!

Been a busy week for us here, both my lil ones are sick - colds and croup for the youngest.

I have to make some decisions over the next week that are making me extremely anxious. so just going to ignore everything for the weekend..

Hows everyone else?

YUUUUUUM! I don't eat meat, but that looks YUUUUUUM!

Did you get a chance to visit the school @Former-Member?

Former-Member
Not applicable

yes I did, and it's a great school, beautiful kids and seems like a friendly staff, but still panicking at the thought of being able to cope with everything. so not sure about it, still need permission from my psych and clearance anyway so will have a chat with him next week too. eeeeek! 

Awww! Sounds exciting, and nerve racking all at the same time! Good idea to get clearance from your psych and do. I wonder if you and them could work on a plan to stay afloat if you do decide to go back. Can I ask out of scale of 1 - 10 where you feel like you're at? 1 = you fee like can never going back to work, and 10 means you would go back to work tomorrow.

Hey hey. I'm on my mobile so I can't upload a pic... I bring imaginary garlic bread...
Hope things go well for you @Former-Member

Just saw this little gem. This is for @Former-Member

decisions.jpg