Skip to main content

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Most definitely! If outdoors, the cold wind bites. But indoors, I can't believe how warm it is @Historylover . Oh, and it was sprinkling not long ago... go figure lol. 

Any plans for today @Historylover @Appleblossom @TAB @StanD ?

Everything is done that I wanted to get done today, @tyme. I've actually just settled in to some YouTube videos trying to understand if there really is a God/Creator/Source, and the reasons why some atheists are saying they have changed their mind. Life used to be so simple when I thought I had it all figured out. 

I can't say I've looked into it much @Historylover - and I think that's because I've always been a believer. For me, things are just too unbelievable for me not to believe. I don't think my minute mind can comprehend the immensity and greatness of a greater power.

Didn't Charles Darwin end up becoming a believer?

@tyme Feet are cold cos I went outdoors with sox... naughty Apple ... in and out in and out all the time ... but it helps keep me active ... cant sit for long cos of lumbar ... so just do everything in little bursts.  I get lots of beautiful sun in North facing windows at back of the house ... which is where I hang the washing!  Too stingy and greenie for a dryer ... too far to the clothes line when indoors will do ...lol

@Historylover Hey!

My "farm" car is loaded with water, spade and lots of plants for the guerilla and physio gardens.  So I will do that later ... and bake an almond log .. plus junk food...garlic butter in chicken ... oh the joys of being rich!  I have 2 cars at the moment!  The new old one and the old old one.. which is still rattling along ... and I am using up petrol in its tank and got to finish up doing all my farmy type garden ... cos getting older meself and gotta keeo the new old car kleen.  

Hoping son enjoys his bushwalk today, he has had to travel ... about 100 kms by train to join his friends! Finger Crossed... he is meeting people he has met online.  Heart aches for him. Will pick him up late at train station.

Back from being a farm girrrl.  Washed me hair and showered.

Probably more suited to soiree now, but got me jammies on.

Wondering how @tonys is going ...

Think I saw @Clawde in notifications hello to you both ...

Not sure about Darwin, @tyme, but Stephen Meyers wrote a book called 'Darwin's Doubt' which must speak to that. I've been going to read it but haven't got around to it. My research is leading me in the direction of YouTube interviews and debates, and that is keeping me busy. Meyers followed that with 'Return to The God Hypothesis'- and his interviews have been interesting.

I'd been a believer, but only a church attender when young. My ex-psy made me question everything and convinced me of atheism, and here I am decades later now questioning atheism. I cannot get my head around the mind-boggling infinity of the universe without asking where are we, what we are doing here, why are we here and what is this life all about? It seems that many are asking this same question.

Apologies for the melancholia on such a nice sunny day @Appleblossom , but I just wanted to say that I had a dream about my daughters last night, when they were about 6 and 8, then their father whisked them away before I could speak.

For a short time, I had been able to be part of their lives. It was nice and warmed my heart.

Hope Sunday has been good for you.

@Historylover Thank you for sharing your dream with me. Bittersweet. I have to sustain myself similarly.  Grateful for brief moments or the fact of their lives, but also the grief.  My recent dream featured my mother.  I do not remember all my dreams.  You do not have to put on a cheery front with me.

I have had a beautiful busy day.  Including church, friendship, dancing to jazz ( only 10 minutes) but lovely anyway. Making new friends. I had been a bit low worrying I would never socially acceptable last Wednesday night and feeling agitated.  I need to allow things to shift and morph and keep reaching out.  Going very gently.

Hugs

Apple

So pleased you've had such a nice Sunday, @Appleblossom. Yes, we must all take things slowly and gently. Do we have to develop thicker skins? Good for you for bringing out the dancing shoes.

Yes, the dream was, for a brief moment, so lovely and so real. The only dreams I have about my parents are panic in realizing that I haven't rung them for ages, then trying to find their phone number, then realizing why I haven't rung them—they have been deceased for over 20 years. I thought I didn't dream until I recently realized I just don't usually remember them. I like dreaming.

Another week is upon us. Try to keep out of trouble! 😉

I almost got into trouble last week being very direct with this person from the office at church.  I am oscillating between a no nonsense version of me and my sensitve self.  My friend said she liked me being outspoken. This week I had many genuine conversations and fellowhip and deepening connections. More some reason it flowed. 

@Historylover Holding hands with you.  I believe dreaming is our way of sorting through our unconscious jumble. 

Peaceful Distraction ....Peaceful Distraction ....