Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

Can I espresso my birthday wishes to you @Gazza75. Hope you have a latte fun.

ohhhh happy birthday @Gazza75 , i did not forget my awesome friend xoxo

I have put it on the birthday thread my friend

I cant download any pictures , the sane tech is looking into why xx

@LadyleahRDBloom, @Former-Member , @BryanaCamp , @Hope4me , @Former-Member 

hi @Gazza75 , Happy Birthday!

I hear you on the racing mind & bad toughts, it's horrible. Sorry to hear you were experiencing that yesterday, on your birthday of all days, that's not fair.

how is your mind today?

Good morning @BryanaCamp , thankyou for the birthday wishes.  I was feeling a bit off for a few days, but, I'm feeling a lot better today. I think it was mostly work and other stuff putting me at edge.  My mind feels pretty settled now, how about yours?

How are you doing?  You should be proud at how resilient you have been after what has been thrown at you lately.  I hope you have had a good few days and are doing something nice over the weekend.

It's been pretty brisk since I got to the farm, thats pretty normal for this time of year.  Thankfully its been nice through the day, a perfect blue sky and nice and warm in the sun.  I need to tackle a few jobs outside that I've been a bit slack on.  Always something to do out here. 

Thanks for checking in with Me, you are a good friend and I'm glad we've met.  You are an amazing spirit and person BryanaCamp.  Don't let other people drag you down.  Take care and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Aww, thanks so much for you post @Gazza75 it really cheered me up. No-one's ever called me resilient before (I think that's mainly my anti-psychotic meds working!) but thanks for the compliments and all your wise adviceCat Happy

I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's great you've identified some external stressors as the cause. I like to identify external stressors rather than believe my brain is just randomly malfunctioning. In any case, I hope yours ease off soon or get resolved. I'm here to listen if you want to talk about anything but understand if you'd prefer to put it behind you.

The farm sounds so lovely & restorative. Are there any animals? I guess there is a lot of maintenance but it all sounds exciting to me as I'm suburban! I'm glad the sun has been out for you, winter sunshine has it's special appeal.

I'm ok thanks, I got up early & did a high intensity workout (struggled through it, only 10 mins) & a 5km walk so that's good. I've baked a choccy cake for a dinner party I'm going to tonight, aiming to not drink too much.

Hope you're having a good day, thanks for your support Smiley Happy

Hey @BryanaCamp , your welcome I'm glad it gave you a little cheer.  You do the same for Me and a lot of other people here too.  Thanks for offering to listen and talk about my woes.  I just haven't had many bad moments or days since I got out of hospital, I could kind of feel the pressure and thoughts building inside.  I feel much better now, like a weight has been lifted which is nice.

I've had lots of animals on the farm before, sheep, pigs, cows, alpaccas, chickens.. right now I don't have anything because I ran out of feed and grass.  We haven't had nearly as much rain as normal over the last year.  Now its just kangaroo's and wallabies.  I feel like I'm at a bit of a crossroads with it, I should probably try and sell it over the next year or two and get something more in town to support family.

10 minutes of high intensity and a 5km walk is quite an achievement.  I did a lot of high intensity stuff when I tried to get fit again, a long time ago now.  It is really effective if you can keep at it.  I go through phases with my exercising and feeling a bit lethargic about it now.  Need to get back on the bandwagon. 

It sounds like you have been busy that's for sure.  Good on you.  I hope you have a lovely afternoon and evening.  Take care.

morning @Gazza75 , your farm sounds amazing with all those animals, you must have a lot of know-how. I've only ever looked after a cat! Yeah there seems to be very low rainfull in lots of parts of Australia, I can only imagine how tough that is. I'm a total sooky-la-la & very suburban, pretty removed from food sources, when I look at livestock I just think they're cute & want to go vegetarian.

Sounds like a huge responsibility to manage the farm & to be at a crossroads with it. Are you very fond of the place & attached to it, would it be hard to let it go? You have quite a full-on career so is it your special place to re-charge & de-stress?

I'm the same with exercise, I go through phases & lose motivation pretty quick, hiking seems to be the only thing I can sustain.

Hope you had a good sleep, how's your Sunday looking?

Morning @LadyleahRDBloom @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Hope4me @Former-Member how are you travelling this morning?

I've had 2 cups of coffe & now having a chai - bit of a late night so trying hard to wake up now! My day is looking pretty cruisy, might do a bit of walking & otherwise get ready for 1st day of work tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying a good cuppa & having a peaceful Sunday Smiley Happy

Good Morning @BryanaCamp , hope you had a good night out.  Cat's take some looking after.  My parents have a deaf cat and it rules the roost.  I had a friend help with most of the animals, I didn't have much experience working with them, but, picked up things along the way.  I'm certainly not on my own with the low rainfall and lack of feed. 

I am pretty fond of the place and it would be hard to let it go.  I have so much stuff that I'm not sure what I'd do with it all if I had to.  It is nice to get away as much as I do.  It definitely helps me to unwind and destress.  I don't think i'll be able to sell it quickly so I have time to figure it all out if I decide to do it.

It's really good you keep motivated with your hiking,  I had a good sleep when I finally got there.  It was raining pretty hard last night and I couldn't get to sleep untill fairly late. 

My Sunday is looking good, just a few small jobs to do before I head back down to the coast.  The weather has cleared up so it should be a nice drive back.

I wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow with your training and new job.  Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you.  I'm sure it will.  Have a great Sunday and don't forget to set your alarm! 😉

Morning @BryanaCamp @Gazza75

Sipping on a cappuccino after my daily online games were done. Oh yeah; it's Sunday. Days sort of blend into one another round here. I take specific med's on Fridays and Sundays; it's the only thing alerting me to the date. (and being on here lol)

Gazza, I love farms and their daily routines. I used to visit my Pop each Summer as a kid and so appreciated the normality. It was respite away from the aggressive and chaotic world at home. The advantages I had were life changing; literally.

I learned to drive a car, ride horses and motor bikes. Being around animals was a rare pleasure for a city girl.

I hope your day's going well. Woman Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance