Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Welcome To The Conversation

Yes @Historylover Any accidentals hold for the whole bar in which they appear, and just the bar.  

Unless a natural is used. 

Good you are playing tunes.  Enjoy

Enjoying, @Appleblossom, thanks. Now it sounds right. I just didn't want to take liberties!

You can trust your ears @Historylover it would get too messy in bar if they were all written out ... its a convention.

Makes sense, @Appleblossom. So much to learn!!😟

Have you ever listened to Saturday Baroque with Danielle McGrane on channel 27 ABC Classic, @Appleblossom? My neighbours and I are currently enjoying mine. Blissful.

@Historylover No.  It is sad really. Cos of family situation 30 years ago, I relinquished control of the airwaves.  I was teaching and that was alright.  It was too hard to fight for my right.  For the last 10 years I have had easy access to my computer, so that is where I listen.  Channel 27 ... not found it with so many other youtubes etc ... lol I feel so silly. lol

I listen to radio in the car

Am playing a lot of Baroque at moment Thomas Morley, Boismortier, Handel, lots and lots ... 

I actually bought a couple CDs to support a muso, which I have put in car to play ... as that has a player.

that rings the vaguest of bells from a long time ago @Appleblossom  lol re sharps and naturals if you play live they happen by themselves anyways lol........

Yep @TAB 

Hey @StanD wondering how you are doing? Will go back and look at some of your quotes.

@Historylover I need to learn to say Pfft! more often...lol

@SmilingGecko  @Historylover I am salt and pepper too. I use henna to dye my hair, I buy from a lady in WA called Henna Moon.  It is a pain though.  Takes 3-4 hours to dye (1 hr to apply, leave in 2 hrs and rinse 0.5hr in the bath by lying on your back in it and letting the paste melt away and condition with deep conditioning product) ...and 12-24 hrs to get the paste to release the dye. I got info from Tap Dancing Lizard website.

-mix 100g powder with 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice, and enough distilled water to create a paste consistency of yoghurt

-if its a warm night, the dye will release after 8-12 hrs, if it is winter might take 2-3 days for dye to release

-patch test on skin for 1-2 mins and if it leaves a deep pumpkin stain on skin is ready to apply

I have been told the paste smells like weed... not that I would know.  I can see why people prefer chemical dyes.  They are so much more convenient.  And Henna comes in only one colour, red/copper.  Although henna moon does mix it with other plant based powders to create other colors.  You have to make sure the powder is pure henna, and does not contain lead or metallic salts. Last time a dyed my hair was in Feb before mum got sick 😞 I just dont have the motivation now so the greys are coming out

My only radio is my clock radio and it really needs replacing, @Appleblossom. I wake up to classic music every morning at 5.45 and listen to classic music in bed for 15 minutes until the news. Unfortunately, the radio has a bad habit of jumping off my station and instead of gradually waking, I have to jump up and run into the next room where it has its power point, to change it. I keep promising myself a new one, but I hate spending money until things stop. The television also has a better sound.

I am so looking forward to learning more about classical music. I love Baroque. I always say I love classical music, but I don't know much about it. I can see I will need a teacher who understands my passion for music doesn't extend into other styles. I like tribal, choral, church music eg. but for me, it's classical. 

You don't have to feel silly. I don't know the difference between an android and an iphone, and I can see that as the years progress, it will all get beyond many of us. Technology seems to be going too far for my liking. It has enormous benefits but can be so painfully time consuming too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance