Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Pane
Contributor

Veganism, deep ecology and/or Buddhism

Looking to connect with others who might relate to these topics, what you value about them, what experiences you've had and how you navigate your way through communities built around them while having a mental illness (specifically but not exclusively bipolar disorder). Like do you disclose your mental illness and how has that gone? 

This is my first post (after my intro) so sorry if I've put it in the wrong place or if it's not the kind of thing that usually gets posted. I'll learn 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Veganism, deep ecology and/or Buddhism

Hi @Pane 

Welcome to the Sane forums.

Whilst I do have a mental illness I don't really have much experience around those topics.

However, I think many on here do.

I do disclose my mental illness to some. However lots don't know about it. I do believe that even in these days there is a stigma towards it.

If you feel comfortable please keep posting on here. Happy to chat to you anytime about anything.

Thanks @Snowie, I'm not great at typing and I'm all typed out just now but I've got so much more I'd like to chat about so I'll definitely take you up on it.

Maybe you can let me know where you're at and the challenges that you might like to talk about so that I can offer you some support like you are so kindly offering me. I don't want to get lost in too much self-absorption. Not healthy and adds to my feelings of shame and negativity when I really need to work on feeling and spreading more positivity in the world 🙂

@Pane 

I do think support goes two ways too.

However there are some days where we just need that extra support, which is why Sane is good. Especially when people understand more. It is so much easier talking to someone else with a lived experience.

I am around most days if you need a chat or just some company.

Thanks. I hear you 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance