Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Talking about pets.

@Kermit 

I would not have a dog or a horse because of space and their care needs, just in case I was not well enough  I settled on cats, and am 'in between' pets atm. Having thought of getting birds or other things as next pet, but in no hurry.  My last 2 boys, brothers, cats, died recently and we had a great 20 years with them. Thats enough for now.

For you it sounds like a great idea.  Having everything set up is great.  Good Luck with it all.  

Apple

@Appleblossom , @Rhye , @Rockolope , @Kermit 

I have had lots of pets in my life , I have inherited pets and had cats dumped at our place  , even Inherited the neighbors cat 

I have had penny turtles,  fish, budgies,  peaceface parrot, guinea pigs,  cats, sausage dogs, corgi, foxy, 

@Rhye , Yes no furbabies at the moment , at times I really miss having  them around 

And my other problem is my pets live to they are between  16 to 19 years old 

@Adge , @greenpea , @frog , @StuF , @tyme , @Emelia8 

Ohh I forgot the Galah @Rhye , @Emelia8 

@Appleblossom , @Rhye , @Rockolope , @Shaz51

Wow Shaz51 cute cats and what a range of pets...

Thanks Rockolope for the fantastic advice.... you summed up my feelings really well and welcome to the forums.

Not sure about names yet..one of the benefits of fostering I'm told is that you name your foster pet so it has a name properly sorted out when it's put up for adoption.

After getting two quotes to replace the security door, I have one I think I'll go with. Quote states 4-6 weeks to install after initial inspection, but it's for a very standard design so who knows, maybe it will take less time?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance