Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat//Creative Outlets// Thursday 30th November 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

On Thursday 30th November 2023, we will be holding a Peer Group Chat on the topic of Being Kind to Ourselves. 

TideisTurning_0-1700708014871.gif

There are many different forms of creative outlets to express our experiences. Join us to explore what we might channel into creativity, and how we might do this.  

The event start times across Australia are below:

TideisTurning_1-1700708164329.png

This is currently held in daylight savings hours:

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm 

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present as a moderator to help ensure a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Anyone is welcome to join! Tagging some members who may be interested below: @Snowie @scruffypuffball @7cough9 @Glisten @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @Fiefke @Patches59 @Appleblossom @Oaktree @Jacques @The-red-centaur @Judi9877 

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Peer Group Chat//Creative Outlets// Thursday 30th November 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi @TideisTurning 

Have we ever done a PGC on coping during the holiday period? I know for myself that my supports will cease during this time and I'm sure it would happen to others. Not having that support can be hard. I also know that the holiday period can be very triggering for people. It might be a way to look into different avenues we can look into and where we can reach out for that support.

Just a thought....

Re: Peer Group Chat//Creative Outlets// Thursday 30th November 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hey @Snowie

this is a great suggestion! Not a PGC as such, but as it happens, our next topic Tuesday is on a very similar topic and there was a previous one here you might like to read over.  I hope you might be able to join us on the night, but feel free to let us know if there's anything in particular you'd hope to explore 😊 

Thanks @TideisTurning 🤗

@Snowie  I’ve noticed that Topic Tuesday in December is entitled “end of the year, your way”.  This might be something you are interested in.

I have various days during period 23 December to 13 February which can be triggers for me.  Some years I’m fine and other years the complete opposite.  I’m putting this in my calendar as has caught my eye.

this is first year since 2007 where I’ve had any interest in Christmas ie am thinking about buying Christmas wreath for front door plus some type of solar lights for my front yard

Re: Need Help to join Peer Group Chat//Creative Outlets// Thursday 30th November 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi newbie here. I am interested to join tomorrow nigh but I have no idea how. Could somebody please tell me how to join? Thanks 🙂

Re: Need Help to join Peer Group Chat//Creative Outlets// Thursday 30th November 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hey @Cali_Rose ,

Thank you for reaching out. 

We would love to see you tomorrow.

In preparation for this chat, you can create an account here: https://www.sane.org/peer-support/peer-group-chat

Then tomorrow, at the appointed time, you can log in.

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Online Peer Group Chat on Creative Outlets will take place tonight from 7-8:30pm AEDT.  As always, for ease of reference, times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below: 

TideisTurning_0-1701309253007.png

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm  

Tonight, you can expect discussion about

• Creative outlets that you may use 
  •  What can you get from creative outlets 
  •  How to express your experiences through creative outlets 

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder @Cali_Rose @Patches59 @Snowie @Captain24 @Blackbird11 @Glisten @deshift @7cough9 @Shaz51 @Oaktree @chibam @Healandlove @scruffypuffball @_PixieSolstice_ @Duckie- 

Good, good, @TideisTurning @tyme @Cali_Rose @Patches59 @Snowie @Captain24 @Blackbird11 @deshift @7cough9 @Shaz51 @Oaktree @chibam @Healandlove @_PixieSolstice_  @scruffypuffball 

@Duckie- 

Looking forwarded to seeing all your comments in the Peer Group Chat. Hoping to glean from all of you tools and actions I can use to help me with creative focus.

This group has taught me a lot about me. 💕

Oooh I think I can actually make it for a bit, tonight! Yay!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance