Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let's Celebrate Harmony Week! (15-21 March 2021)

Hi @BPDSurvivor, really interesting to read about your ancestral history. I have read about the Goldrush era and the strong Chinese presence at that time. I was also interested to learn that there was an early presence in colonial Australia of wandering traders from Afghanistan. Thanks for sharing.

Good morning @Mazarita , @Peonies , @BPDSurvivor , @Appleblossom 

My family lines made up with  England,  Ireland,  Scotland and Denmark ancestors who all made their way to settle in Australia in the 1800's

Looking for gold, a new life, away from the famine 

Interesting  stories I have found out along the way 

Hi @Mazarita - Thank you for sharing with us about St Patrick's Day and the Irish Celtics symbols 🌿 I didn't know about them before! Ireland (especially the Northern Lights) is definitely on my to-go list as well   @Shaz51 

@Appleblossom the waffles looks yummy!  🧇 

@BPDSurvivor  Thank you for sharing your ancestry and cultural experiences with us!

My cultural background is Vietnamese. I also grew up eating steaks, ribs, and salads but it would be on the weekends. During the weekday, my family would cook Vietnamese food. I can say that I love both 🌟 Heart 

Vietnamese Food Lover's Guide to Cabramatta | Asian Inspirations
Here's a photo of a typical Vietnamese family meal 😋

Quán ăn gia đình Đà Lạt cực ngon mà bạn và gia đình không nên bỏ lỡ

Food can be a wonderful aspect of cultural diversity and inclusion.  It will go much deeper, but its a great place to start.

Hi @Peonies yes, I was so lucky to have a (totally unexpected) overseas trip at the end of 2019 that included visiting my ancestral places in Ireland, something I never thought would happen in my life. Another stroke of luck was that I got back to Australia just before the pandemic started, and therefore was one of the last group of people to be able to travel so freely overseas like that.

Wow, the food you posted looks so yum! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Those images are lovely @Mazarita- & I'm really curious- if you're comfortable with sharing, what makes that symbol so meaningful for you?

All the food looks great as well! @Appleblossom @Peonies 

Hi @TideisTurning Smiley Happy

The symbol is a Triquetra, also known as Trinity Knot. There are various interpretations of the meaning, all related to the commonality of the number three in different spiritual and religious concepts and practices throughout history (such as the Holy Trinity in Christianity, and the Three Goddesses in paganism).

The Triquetra is comprised of a continuous loop shaped to form three loops intertwined. The most meaningful interpretation to me is: heaven, earth and underworld all being intertwined aspects of life, and all necessary to our existence.

That's really cool @Mazarita! Thanks so much for sharing and enlightening me 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance