Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Patches59
Senior Contributor

Jigsaws

Light afternoon breeze and few hours forgetting about everything else apart from this jigsaw.  Definitely what my system needed for some calm.

jigsaw is a shaped wooden puzzle IMG_1380.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Jigsaws

NICE!!! @Patches59  Thanks for sharing!

Question for you: What do you do with puzzles after you have made them?

@tyme I pack them back into the boxes, ready to be made up another time.  I use zip lock sandwich bags to keep all the pieces together in the box

Ah @Patches59 . So even the very big ones? I never know what to do once I finish them so I don't bother doing them.

Bow
Senior Contributor

@Patches59  I love doing puzzles! I started a Christmas one pre Christmas and I can usually get a 1000 piece one done in a few days, but this one was so hard, I never got it finished! Think I will pack it up and start a new one. 

I pack mine up too ready to do them again some time later…. But I do cheat…. I put all the edge piece in a separate ziplock bag. I hate spending that first hour sorting through every single piece to find all the edge pieces. 

I have a lot of Disney puzzles and plant puzzles. 

@Patches59 , @Bow , @tyme 

My mum and I have done lots of jigsaw puzzles in the past up to 2000 pieces 

And I have done different kinds of jigsaw puzzles too

When we are finished,  we put it away with the year we did it  marked on the box 

And then do it again in the future 😁

hello Friends you've given me the idea to maybe try doing puzzles as a way to relax maybe even just the ones you can get from kmart ect thanks might be something I try in the new year its not really something Ive done since I was a child but maybe it would who knows be good for my innner self or inner child so to speak ,I do believe we each have an inner child self or inner self thats childlike and needs care from time to time

@tyme @Shaz51 @Bow @LostAngel  I remember the first jigsaws I had which were on boards where the board was etched with exact same dimensions etc as each puzzle piece. Might have been up to 20 pieces which I enjoyed, my favourites being those with Disney characters.

My favourites of my current jigsaws are Impossibles (these have no straight edges and have a repeated design on them), Wasgij and my only Christmas jigsaw which is a shaped puzzle.

@tyme I do the same with all my puzzles regardless how many pieces they are.  Biggest I now have are 1000 and will be waiting until  I’ve got room in front bedroom to set up my jigsaw table which has lid that can be secured.  

@Bow I never thought to put the edge pieces in a separate bag, thanks for that. Definitely save lots of time looking for them.

I have one little jigsaw, has less than 100 pieces, which is still in shop bought wrapper from few decades ago. The picture is of the Twin Towers.  A piece of history tat I have no interest in even opening the box

Hi, I was just having a look around at some topics and saw this one which is eerie cause I found my jigsaw puzzle from about 2yrs ago that me and my kids were doing, it's on a big puzzle board where you can leave all the pieces on the board and the 2 sides, where they don't fall out although when I was moving it some of them did slip through, I'm hoping I haven't lost any.

@Patches59 @LostAngel @Shaz51 @Bow @tyme I thought I might start doing mine again to, I can't do it at my kitchen table anymore cause Jaffa my cat keeps laying on it so I  have a big storage container in my front room that I've been using as table which I could try.

I like crocheting and doing diamond art but had to cut them right down cause with my double vision it's to hard working out which is the correct space so maybe going back to my jigsaws may be a bit better as there bigger.

Ohh @Patches59 , I love doing the impossible jigsaw puzzles 

I have done 6 so far 

Great idea @saturnzoon 

Have to take photos when you are finished one @tyme , @Bow , @LostAngel 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance