Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Harry
Senior Contributor

Greetings

Hi everyone. My name is Harry. I don't have a whole lot of friends but I cherish the times I get to spend with them. We usually do simple things like sit and talk, share a meal, watch our favourite series (did someone say Dr Who and The Walking Dead)?

We enjoy trying to play guitar and sing.

I enjoy spending time with my fellow classmates. .

My local community is also a great source entertainment on so many levels with a host of colorful characters to engage with.

I am also a member of the local community gardens so that can be extremely enjoyable.

I have one very special friend who I enjoy spending time with.............he loves cuddles and going for a walk. He is my friends puppy who I get to look after at home on a pretty regular basis (puppys are people too ya know).

That's a good start and I am looking forward to reading all the other contributions and being a part of this new forum.

Harry

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Greetings

Hey there Harry! Sometimes animals are the best people! they don't judge you and if you are having a hard time they don't want to know why they just want to cuddle and to be honest hug therapy is awesome!

For me I spend a lot of time online connecting with people all over this world of ours, but I also do work on a CAG, I engage with people as a group facilitator at a community health providor and I also tend to annoy clinicians as I attend their training days to waffle on about my lived experience. Sometimes though it is just nice to kick back and chat for hours on the phone to someone who's voice you appreciate.

I think I would have wilted in an age without mass communication!

Love my dog, she keeps the whole family happy in her own way. Who can resist the lure of a dog pining for a walk? Endorphins release!

I agree about spending time with a dog.  My dog and I go for a run everyday, and I know she loves me no matter what.  I struggle with people a bit.  After having a child die people tend to not want to be around, as they feel awkward, dont know what to say.  I find groups with the people in the same situation to be extremely beneficial, you can belong when you don't feel like you belong in the world anymore.  Family and friends try to be helpful but no one can understand but those who have had the same lived experience.

absolutely, pet therapy is the best for anyone, cuddles on demand!

Hey nyxsong. Animals rock for sure. It sounds like you are a people person like me. I do enjoy a captive audience.

I also like to chat online with people from all over the world as well as complete strangers in the street.

Cheers

Harry

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance