Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

πŸ€—πŸ€— @Zoe7 @Former-Member .....

Hi to anyone else around πŸ‘‹πŸ’•

Cyclone  cat 2 coming @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Sans911 , @TAB , @BlueBay 

Oh no @Shaz51 Have you everything locked down you can? Stay safe my sister. Hugs and hugs and hugs Heart

Thats not that bad ? @Shaz51 okay house already gone guess soz

Yeah .... are you ready for it @Shaz51 ?  Stay safe Hon.

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Shaz51 πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

It's so great you could go out for breakfast and it was big enough for lunch - and you could enjoy time with D2 and a friend

I really miss having brunch with mu daughter and her husband - for a year now I think - because of the lock down and my daughter and I both having medical health issues and taking it in turns to go in and out of hospital - we are still recovering

But remembering the good times has served me well as well as looking forward to having this all happen again with the new COVID normal - whatever that will be

I have not been in the site much lately so I have to catch up with people's stories - sometimes I need to take time for self-care which I did - I think I do a better job supporting other people when I support myself first

I hope the rest of the day is just as user-friendly

Dec

Thanks @Owlunar .... and yes, you're right, self care is so important to being able to support others too ..... and it's a support for others when we demonstrate that in our own lives.  Some people grow up with the message that self-care is selfishness, but it's not.  It is necessary and important.  It's putting your own oxygen mask in first.

πŸ’œ

I agree @Faith-and-Hope 

So many people think that self-care is selfish - and probably the people who teach that are really into getting their own way and don't like it when we insist on time for ourselves and we all need that

And the more pressure we have in our lives the more time we need to ensure our self-care - we can be better parents if we tend our needs - and in life so often we can only rely on ourselves to care for us

We are better at everything if we self-care - and when we don't prioritise we can easily spread ourselves too thin and that drains us and serves no-one else well either

Are you going back to university this year Faith

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance