Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Daily positives

My previous post is a positve because it helps explain why impulsivity is greater when in the midst of "extreme" weather.

Hi Everyone

My daily positive is that I went hiking for the weekend just gone.  It was quite cold but I stayed quite toastie with the clothes and sleeping gear I tool along.  Food was very high brow – left over roast veges and then chilli con carne.

I hiked for miles!  Given that we've had so much rain recently, and the fact that the weather was completely clear, the views and surrounds were simply spectacular.  Every possible waterfall and creek was flowing beautifully and the sound of the water crashing down was breathtaking.  The caves were damp and peaceful.  There was mud to be had up to your ankles, but I just walked through this (rather than scampering around so my boots stayed clean), which didn't take away from the experience at all.

We got lost and slightly off the grid only once (there were a lot of hazards and trees that had fallen over) but managed to right things soon enough.

There was, however, a number of creek crossings to navigate through – most of which required some serious rock climbing.  This has never been a forte of mine, but I'm proud to say that I managed to navigate most of them without assistance.  Unfortunately, though, I also managed to fall in twice (first had water to my hips, second water to underneath my armpits).  Consequently, spent most of the day freezing.  Oh well!

I was very proud of myself that I managed to hike through parts of the track that had a narrow pathway against quite a steep slope.  Who knows, I may have conquered my fear of heights (unlikely)…

So good to be amongst it all.  I feel really happy and mentally well.

I hope you are all well.

@Delicatessen @outlander @Jimbo2 @TuxedoCat @Judi9877 ,

I love this discussion/thread!

For me, today I achieved:

- staying warm in cold cold weather

- enjoying my day

- being grateful

- the health to work

tyme

Hi @tyme My daily positive is that I made a salmon and roast vegetable bake for the first time today. It was just superb.

Im also in the process of making sourdough bread from scratch. Have kicked off making the starter, which will take 6 days…watch this space.

I feel very peaceful when I’m in the kitchen, and I have a few recipes left to cook this week too. All tried and tested and utterly delicious.

I'm very much looking forward to dinner this evening. It’s pork spare ribs being made by the person I live with. I feel very spoilt…

hey @Judi9877 my daily positive is I just went for a 10 minute walk up to the top gate and back to put the recycling out

@RedHorsetoday i participated in a Grow resilience group programme and spoke to Blue Knot Foundation aaaaand went for a hilly walk beyond the top gate.

Well done @Jimbo2 👏

My daily positive is that the sun is shining and I'm sitting in the shade of a big gum tree typing this.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Good morning @outlander , @RedHorse , @Jimbo2 , @Delicatessen , @tyme , @Teej , @Rhye , @Paperdaisy 

How are you today 

Afternoon off today 😀

Loving reading these positives to start the day! They all sound wonderful - @Delicatessen I did just have to ask, how did your sourdough go? Have you made it from scratch before? 

My positive of today is also food based- I got up early today and put a stew on to cook in the slow cooker- the house is already starting to smell amazing and I'm looking forward to a tasty meal tonight! 

Ohh yummm @GrevilleaBlooms 

My husband keeps on asking when I am making a stew again xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance