Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

deshift
Senior Contributor

D & D(eshift!)

For all the D&D goodies! Tell us about your latest Nat. 20! Or your Crit Fails!

Complain about the inherent lack of enough snacks at the table!

What's your character? And what is their backstory?!

When are you going to run your own campaign? *wink* *wink*
NEW DND MEME.JPG

16 REPLIES 16

Re: D & D(eshift!)

Great thread!!! Lovin it! Way to go @deshift !

@BipolarPenguin 

Here you go! Tagged! You're it! hehe 😂

Also, my campaign is about the Surreptitious 7, who are a motley of astronomers from 10,000 years earlier, and 4 ages ago, and now they bicker amongst themselves and the 7 different factions they rule over with clandestine social control tactics!

Tag others who you think will enjoy this thread!

deshift

I think @Jynx will enjoy this thread when they are online because they are the one that mentioned D&D in the Thick with the ‘tism – ASD Social Space thread.

My character I am currently playing is a Level 10 swashbuckler rogue, whose name I am not going to give out because I feel like that sort of breaks confidentiality for me. But I love playing her and she has boots of springing and striding; and Evasion and Uncanny Dodge as feats... she can attack twice and then move without being opportunity attacked if one of her attacks is successful! (Which I think is another feat that I can't remember the name of right now)

It's a great time. 😄

Our campaign that we're playing is called Princes of the Apocalypse and it involves four cults of the four elements - air, water, fire and earth - and basically defeating them. It's such a great in-depth campaign, I highly recommend it. My DM is also just really good so, that also helps haha

Your campaign sounds really interesting! I'd love to hear more, if you feel inclined to share. 

Oh YAY!! I am so happy to talk about D&D forever!! Thanks for making the thread @deshift 😍

@BipolarPenguin oh wow that sounds like a phenomenal adventure!! And your rogue sounds like a blast to play, that's awesome. 

I'm currently playing one campaign and about to start another once my DM is ready. The current campaign is a home brew one, my DM has us racing against the clock to stop an ancient evil from arising, a powerful sorceress who wants to kill all the other gods. I'm playing a druid gnome, which has been fun but I'm not sure if druid is really for me. On paper it seems right up my alley - loving nature, transforming into animals, conjuring thorny vines - but I just haven't been feeling it as much lately. We're in the feywilds at the moment, just got stomped by a bunch of sentient mushrooms! Buuuut no party members died so, great success! Hahaha

My DM has recently asked us to make a 'chaotic character' for something special he's brewing up - no idea what, but I made a Satyr Hexblade Warlock - chaotic neutral, loves playing tricks on people and getting up to no good, I'm really excited! Always been drawn to warlock, it was also my first pick for a class to play in Baldur's Gate 3 (which is, in my opinion, a 10/10 game that everyone should play!). 

What's been everyone's fav class to play?   

@Jynx @BipolarPenguin @tyme 

Hehe, thanks! I love me some D&D nerdery! 

I could just dump my DM notes for my campaign, but I will resist! Haha! Basically the factions are thus:

commoner - mostly the thieves guild, led by a mountain giant

fey folk - think merchant faction, elves, dwarves, halflings that answer to a hoarding dragon

the faithful - clerics and monks who mostly remain neutral

the monarchy - mostly humans who have an evil wizard in the background

nature's beasts - creatures of the forest, led by a huge unicorn

underdark - and underground city, of all types of good monsters (trolls, cyclops, etc.) who farm giant frogs and bullywugs for food, and psychedelic frog skin
the astral - cultists who conquered the dream realm, led by a nightmare shepherd.

There was once an age where the 7 brought peace to all of Toeshold by aligning the factions. But some of them became dissatisfied with the status quo, and quested for more power than the Goddess originally gifted each of them.

When I play, I'm partial to some weird builds, but my favourite is a STR based Dwarven Cleric that takes combat spells. Otherwise, high CHA Half-Orc Sorcerer is fun too.

Oooh that's really cool @deshift! Sounds like a very rich and detailed world 😁

I haven't had any experience DMing but I am keen! Just want some more experience as a player first. But I have come up with a campaign idea based around The Deck of Many Things! Basically each card has an 'avatar' or creature that possesses powers similar to its card. These avatars are all trapped within the cards until someone releases them, scattering them to the ends of Faerûn. Kind of like the anime called Card Captors but in D&D hahaha. Feel free to steal this idea too, if you like it! I'm all for sharing ideas and content 😉

Half-orc for sorc? That is interesting! I guess the bonus to constitution, along with proficiency in con saves means no one can resist your spells hehe

I also play solo D&D which is its own challenge too, and have made a home brew warlock subclass for my variant human, and an artificer tiefling. It's a hoot!

@Jynx 

Mostly you end up being a DM because someone has to do it. I don't think many people actually prefer to DM over being a PC, but I love world building, but adventure hooks and encounters are just homework, and blergh... who loves homework?

Monsters trapped in a scattered Deck of Many Things? Sounds like a job for a Halfling Bard with a few levels in Druid! Gambling will be their best skill!

I just like weird builds because I'm allergic to cliches. I'm an outsider, and little bits of me go into every build! Half-Orcs get a really great intimidation bonus, and the persuasive sorcerer spells make you a grumpy force to be reckoned with.

I'd love to play some solo d&d or, with a support worker, but my online discord game is going great so far, and I found it by advertising on the D&D beyond forums.

Do you prefer to role play, or hack'n'slash?

@deshift Yeah watching how much time and energy my new DM is putting into their campaign has been super daunting! I think because they're building a whole new world for us to adventure in. I'd probably start with a premade campaign haha. 

Ooh halfling baruid! Sounds like a hoot! 

Honestly weird builds are always more fun! Cliches get old very quickly, so I'm all for making up the wildest and whackiest builds you can think of 😋

I think I like a hearty mix of both! I've always love theatrics, did drama all the way through high school so very much enjoy embodying a character! But also, smacking stuff is always a good time, especially when you get stuff to land and get to creatively combo with your party to bonk baddies into oblivion? Chef's kiss!

What about you? 

@Jynx I don't like combat that involves lots of Health Points, and heaps of rounds.

I actually spent a long time brewing up a d4 system where you can defeat  and be defeated on the first turn, no matter the level of PC or NPC.

I love role playing though, what can I say, and if I really want to roll dice, and tactical battle miniatures, I play Warhammer 40k, of which I have about 1600 points of both Orcs and Deathguard. But in general, I'm in it for the story, the plot twists, the betrayal, the heroics, the donkeys carrying my kegs of ale...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance