Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

BPD98
New Contributor

Advice Needed

My partner (F25) and I (F25) have been together for 5 years. She has recently started making new female friends at work and through a friend app. I have BPD and am struggling with her making friends without me. I don’t want to ruin my relationship due to mental health or insecurities but often find myself acting out when she mentions something about these friends or suggests hanging out with them by herself. Can anyone offer advice on how to cope with the crippling emotional outbursts and distress I’m experiencing. 
TIA

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Advice Needed

Hi and welcome, @BPD98 , it's good to have you here 🙂

I don't have BPD, so I'm going to tag @tyme  and @BPDSurvivor  who have great insights. 

A handy forum tip is if you tag someone by typing @ and then clicking on their name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Re: Advice Needed

Hi @BPD98 

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like your situation is quite distressing.  There are people here for you, that can offer insight and advice. I was wondering if you have a professional support around you and have you explored learning about emotional regulation and distress-tolerance skills? Also have you thought about if you want to make you're own friends to have company when you're alone and have time to spend with possible friends?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance