Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Sometimes I need another brain to think for me too @outlander.

Are you anxious about tommorow's appointment? Do you have to travel far? I hope she's being more compassionate now then previous appt.

My left side is almost closed from where I had the skin graft. It is very flat looking though, not natural and round. The right side had a couple of small holes from the revision surgery along the suture line. In the last couple of weeks those have gotten larger to the point they have joined into one large hole, not very deep but there's a lot of fluid 'stuff' coming out. Now the skin directly above it is also breaking down and joining up with this larger hole. A Dr from the plastic team saw it at the clinic a week ago and wasn't very concerned. Neither was the nurse. But a healthy wound doesn't produce the fluid levels that this does. So just when I thought I'd seen the light of dressings, weekly hospital appointments and such after 4 months, it continues.

I feel like such a whinger though when people have it much worse than me. But I'm at the end of my tether of what I can tolerate and the impact of these physical changes to my body.

My pyschologist asked my last week if I'd ever consider another relationship. I almost told her to fk off! There's no way I'd ever let anyone see these scars and mess unless they are medical people.

I'm sorry, I've turned this around into talking about me. I've got to stop doing that

Wouldn't it be nice to have a spare brain! @Sans911

I am abit anxious about tomorrow. I need to talk to her about a few things but im not sure what she will/cn do that will help like im constantly biting the inside of my cheek or lip or tounge and also the lumps that arent going away in there. Im just a little sick of having fingers poking around in my mouth :face_with_rolling_eyes:😣😐
She will do few repeat tests in the chair for nerve stuff as well so itll be abit more longer of an appt.
If i travel by car its about 2 hrs depending on the traffic however there is no parking at all so we take the train. Its only a street away from the station so not far. By train its about 2 and a half hrs so its fair way away from me.

Oh that sounds abit concerning. Im sorry the surgeon and nurse werent to bothered though, to me it sounds like it needs review to see what might be happening. I dont think youre whinging. Its been a really tricky and long recovery process for you and still continuing. Im not surprised your at the end of your tether, i think i would be too if i was in your position.

Youve not turned it into talking about you either, to me it honestly just feels like we are talking and sharing.

Is the biting a result of the surgery or is it perhaps more anxiety related? If it's anxiety related maybe what you could do is wear an elastic around your wrist to give you a little flick each time you do it. Hopefully she'll have some sort of answer for you. I'm never fond of fingers in my mouth either!! Going by train is much less stressful than driving. Where I go for my appointments isn't far but parking is very expensive. Yes, it does take longer but easier on your some levels.

I'm back to the hospital clinic early Friday morning. Even if I go early I still wait past my appointed time as they are never on time. But it's less waiting time than mid morning or later. Last week I was there for about an hour and a half. I see the same nurses most of the time. I've bought them some chocolates for Christmas. Plus I feel bad that I moaned a bit last week and was a bit critical of another nurse (which I don't normally do) so it's kind of a peace offering as well.

@outlander I'm getting tired and it's late (although not as late as you! ) I'm heading off to sleep lil Sis and you need some of that too. All the best for your appointment. I'll be thinking of you. 💜 ❤️ 💙 💜

The biting is a result from surgery , everythng feels out of place and my bite is off so theres the reasonbut last time she said theres nothing tobe done.

Thats kind of you to take chocolates with you. Im sure the nurses would appreciate that too.

Thanks for being here. Im going to try for abit of sleep too. Its past 2am here

@Sans911 💜💜💜

Aww thanks lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜

I'm at a bingo night with my mother, so I'll need to log off soon.

enjoy your bingo night sis @Sans911 💜💜💜

I really needed that @outlander . Thankyou. 💙💙💙

Thanks @outlander. We didn't win anything, and I think my mother actually was struggling to enjoy the evening as much as me. There was a lot of people there, with one lady a table over from us being quite talkative and laughing loudly. I got quite irritated and lost concentration thanks to her. These things I don't enjoy like I use and I wonder what will be enjoyable anymore. Even the op shop irritated me today. Still very tired, struggling to get things done and having to push myself.

Anyway you'll likely be asleep now. Well chat tommorow. Goodnight my angel 😇 @outlander 💜 💜 💜

Hugs to you too @outlander   Hoping that you get some down time for self-care over the next couple of weeks, and that there are some fun times too.  Lots of love xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance